NewAlta

www.newalta.com
  www.newalta.com
There are newer employer reviews for NewAlta

Lack of good management

Former Employee - Accountibg Administrator in Calgary, AB (Canada)
Former Employee - Accountibg Administrator in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at NewAlta full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good atmosphere,
New building in Calgary with a lot of services (free gym, kinder garden, restaurant, free parking)

Cons

Manager are under graduated and you feel that in the management of the company
No staff stability (people coming and out, easy to get fired)

Prioritize qualified people rather than friend, or connexion

22 Other Employee Reviews for NewAlta (View Most Recent)

Strange, negative; never felt welcome

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at NewAlta as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Good wage, nice office surroundings

Cons

Clicky office, misled & cold/unapproachable 2-faced manager, general unfriendliness; company boasts and brags about their growth& being such a great palce to work but did not offer an alternative when I went above and beyond expectations - aka burned; hypocritical work environment

I was thrown into my contractor position with no training or direction. I was led to believe it would go from temp to perm. They hired & filled the position internally and didn't ask if I was interested nor allow any notice to prepare to be abruptly unemployed. Can't get any feedback from management or HR. Never looking back nor will suggest as a decent place to work for others.

The company has great potential but just doesn't seem to follow through

Current Employee - Solids Control Tech
    Current Employee - Solids Control Tech

I have been working at NewAlta

Pros

Good salary, decent benifits, flexible work potential growth within the company. Some people do care about their work and their are some good supervisors. With time and the right people, this could be a very good company to work for if you have a the patience.

Cons

Management does not follow though, the safety program is a dog and pony show. The people that care about safety are not listened to at all. It seems like the company/branch is focused on "profit first" quality and safety later.

They run new hires though the motions. New hire training in Rio Vista TX is not practical to the field. When you make it to a rig, the training varies depending on who is training you. They do not have a "train the trainer" program so you may go to a rig and shovel for a few days before you recieve any training. The supervisors pretty much run parts, and come to the rig when something is broken. They pick up safety paperwork sometimes but never look at it. I can write in red crayon and it would be okay.

Handle your responsibilities instead of looking for scapegoats or excuses. Train your employees and supervisors right and you will keep people and clients.

There are newer employer reviews for NewAlta