NewDay USA

www.newdayusa.com
  www.newdayusa.com
There are newer employer reviews for NewDay USA

It was alright. Seems like a ok company to start off.

Current Employee - Account Executive in Fulton, MD
Current Employee - Account Executive in Fulton, MD

I have been working at NewDay USA full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The 40k base pay, however it is technically an hourly wage based on the hours in a week you work (over 70 hrs.)
The paid training and certification to work in the mortgage industry.
The nice new building and offices where they are headquartered.
Cal Ripken Jr. walking around the building at times.

Cons

The ridiculous work hours that one needs to work in a work with no over time pay. Just a "base pay" of 40k which is low in the amount of hours you need to work. At least 11 hours a day plus Saturdays.
So basically Work-life balance is utter garbage. Say goodbye to your friends and family while you slave away on the phone giving Veterans higher interest rates.

None.

Aug 21, 2014

Thanks for posting this review. We take a great deal of pride in our training program and am glad that it has shown to be beneficial to you. NewDay is committed to building the most professional ... More

74 Other Employee Reviews for NewDay USA (View Most Recent)

Don't drink the NewDay Koolaid

I worked at NewDay USA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Potential income is definitely there. Decent business experience for someone right out of college. Tests your grit.

Cons

Obviously the work life balance is a no brainer. If anyone who is recruiting you has not already been up front with you on that, then they are just lying. It is a 60+ hour week, no matter how you slice it. This company's business model is plain and simple...hire AS MANY recent college grads as possible that can do the following: hold a conversation, have worked literally anywhere during their college days, and can pass a background and drug test. That's it. After that, see if they can sit in a chair for 12 hours a day and read a script and actually get a Veteran to commit to the ridiculous fees for their loan that is going to "change their lives". If they can do this for a few weeks and get a veteran or two to bite, PROMOTE THEM! And by promotion, I don't mean pay them more, I mean move their chair across the room. If they get promoted, they will not complain as much and probably post it to social media so that people think it's a great place to work. After a few months, sure you will see that their are some stud salesman that generate insane amounts of revenue for the company and that's what they are obviously looking for . Anyone else that doesn't, more than likely they will quit on their own or they are "promoted" to other inferior departments over and over until they finally do quit.

The only reason anyone that works there can keep a straight face when convincing their friends/ former schoolmates to apply is because you get a solid grand if they actually end up working there. That bonus wasn't too bad, I must say. Great for the company and the recruiters. "Let's just get the AE's to do all our recruiting for us and throw them a bone". And if you don't actually pull of the miracle of getting someone to join the company, you're commission is docked 20 percent until you finally get 2 other people hired. How ludacris is that. I'm supposed to use ALL that extra time I have to recruit or else I lose out on commission and get called out by my managers for not recruiting well.

We get it, we need to work hard to succeed in life. We understand this concept very clearly. Just cut the hours down and calm down with the recruiting push. Let the employees worry about their own work and have your recruiters do what you pay them to do. Also, there is no need for everyone to be in suits everyday. It's a call center.

Aug 7, 2014

Thank you for your candid comments. NewDay is growing rapidly and has a demand to fill, that is why we are increasing our sales force. We have an extremely thorough recruiting process, very high ... More

Account Executive

I have been working at NewDay USA

Pros

Pay and People you work with

Cons

Long hours and low job security.

Give people time to prove themselves.

Jul 31, 2014

Thank you for your comments! Our goal is to provide an environment where we can be open about the concerns that our team members have.

There are newer employer reviews for NewDay USA