NewOak Capital

www.newoakcapital.com

Really?

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

If you need a job and place yourself, they have a web site that makes it appear you have a real job

Cons

CEO is a complete detriment to the organization, lacks respect in the financial industry and unfortunately steers the direction of the firm

Rely on others that actually have management and real financial experience in order to manage the firm in a logical and sensical manner

Other reviews for NewOak Capital

Worst experience big mistake

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Nothing really, If I had to pick a pro it will be location probably and the fact that you can say that you work in "Wall Street" impress your friends and such but shortly you will realize that this is all a big lie.

I suffered every single day I was wit this firm (a bit more than a year). At the time I accepted the offer I had the chance to go with other firms and I completely disregarded the reviews on this website so I thought of writing one myself and confirm what other have already stated about this place.

Cons

The firm is completely unstructured. After six years they are still trying to find their own line of business.The firm is full with people with big egos and the attitude of most of the people there is completely innapropriate for a "formal" firm.

If you are interviewing for MCS you should know that this is the most boring job you can ever find, the people leading this business line will make your life miserable and needless to say there is no room for professional development since EVERY single person at the firm is a Managing Director so basically makes politics within the firm very complicated.

The Advisory side is a bit more interesting and there are two or three very talented people although they are involved in very few deals and I don't see that changing in the future considering the politics of the firm.

Definitely managment should stop blaming employees for their lack of management abilities and leadership. Fix your internal problems first. Everybody in the firm can tell how poorly management is because is constantly impacted by bad decisions.

management

Pros

nothing really. pointless meetings daily. i that says about everything..no PROS ONLY CONS.

Cons

management is just horrible. they play favorites and can care less about the people who actually do the work.

please get rid of all managing directors and promote the people who work. GIVE OUT MORE BONUSES LIKE PROMISED.

There are newer employer reviews for NewOak Capital.

Worked for NewOak Capital? Contribute to the Community!