NewOak Capital

Really?

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at NewOak Capital

Pros

If you need a job and place yourself, they have a web site that makes it appear you have a real job

Cons

CEO is a complete detriment to the organization, lacks respect in the financial industry and unfortunately steers the direction of the firm

Rely on others that actually have management and real financial experience in order to manage the firm in a logical and sensical manner

7 Other Employee Reviews for NewOak Capital (View Most Recent)

Great People, Great Company

Former Employee - Developer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Developer in New York, NY

I worked at NewOak Capital full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A small firm giving employees the opportunity to dig their teeth into as much work as possible.
    Friendly and accessible management.
    The pay was solid.
    I learned a ton from the senior technology team there.
    Growing and evolving company, always an opportunity to learn something new.
    Don't read too much into other people's reviews, if you have an opportunity to work at NewOak, see for yourself!!

Cons

Work load was heavy but that was on me as well as I got more invested into our projects.

Check in on the employees more to get a sense of how they feel about their role.

Worst experience big mistake

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at NewOak Capital full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nothing really, If I had to pick a pro it will be location probably and the fact that you can say that you work in "Wall Street" impress your friends and such but shortly you will realize that this is all a big lie.

I suffered every single day I was wit this firm (a bit more than a year). At the time I accepted the offer I had the chance to go with other firms and I completely disregarded the reviews on this website so I thought of writing one myself and confirm what other have already stated about this place.

Cons

The firm is completely unstructured. After six years they are still trying to find their own line of business.The firm is full with people with big egos and the attitude of most of the people there is completely innapropriate for a "formal" firm.

If you are interviewing for MCS you should know that this is the most boring job you can ever find, the people leading this business line will make your life miserable and needless to say there is no room for professional development since EVERY single person at the firm is a Managing Director so basically makes politics within the firm very complicated.

The Advisory side is a bit more interesting and there are two or three very talented people although they are involved in very few deals and I don't see that changing in the future considering the politics of the firm.

Definitely managment should stop blaming employees for their lack of management abilities and leadership. Fix your internal problems first. Everybody in the firm can tell how poorly management is because is constantly impacted by bad decisions.

There are newer employer reviews for NewOak Capital