NewPage
www.newpagecorp.com Miamisburg, OH 5000+ Employees

Reality does not agree with all of the pretty mission statements on the walls

Process Engineer (Former Employee)
Wisconsin Rapids, WI

I worked at NewPage

ProsThe mills have very good people who work hard to do the right thing. Very strong technical capabilities in the field.

ConsSenior leadership has very strong opinions on what it takes to run the business and squashes dissenting view-points. Not the open environment that they profess. You'll get whacked for speaking truth to power.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop managing by lists. Take the ISO-9000 approach and identify what's important, what processes deliver these results, and focus on the people and requirement of the processes. Stop trying to manage activities from headquarters.

Senior leadership lacks

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Miamisburg, OH

I worked at NewPage

Pros: strong in thei industry. Devoted to being the best they can… Cons: Senior leadership in my area was not strong enough. They… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to the people in the trenches when it comes… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

NewPage will emerge in a strong position after Chapter 11

Human Resources (Current Employee)

I have been working at NewPage full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great six sigma culture that drives improvement and change as well as strong emphasis on customer satisfaction. Employee morale is positive as NewPage… Cons: The recession made it really hard to invest in employee… Advice to Senior Management: Expand college recruiting and employment development programs so that more… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on NewPage.

Worked for NewPage? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NewPage reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NewPage CEO George F. Martin. All reviews posted anonymously by NewPage employees.