NewPage
www.newpagecorp.com Miamisburg, OH 5000+ Employees

NewPage, Big Fish in a Shrinking Pond

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Miamisburg, OH

ProsNewPage paper mills are first class. The distribution network is customer focused and responsive. Headquarter facilities, benefit package and community involvement paint a very positive image for NewPage in the Dayton area.

ConsSenior management appears to struggle with the realities of people issues. Denying people issues rather than addressing them will eventually lead to a "what happened?" day. The commodity paper market is shrinking and many doubt that it will ever return.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management should avoid the trap of listening to the loudest voice and direct their attention to meaningful results. They sometimes come from those that quietly give security to the business through consistent, accurate work.

Reality does not agree with all of the pretty mission statements on the walls

Process Engineer (Former Employee)
    Wisconsin Rapids, WI

I worked at NewPage

Pros: The mills have very good people who work hard to… Cons: Senior leadership has very strong opinions on what it takes to run the business and squashes… Advice to Senior Management: Stop managing by lists. Take the ISO-9000 approach and identify what's important, what processes deliver these results,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Senior leadership lacks

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Miamisburg, OH

I worked at NewPage

Pros: strong in thei industry. Devoted to being the best they can… Cons: Senior leadership in my area was not strong enough. They… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to the people in the trenches when it comes… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on NewPage.

Worked for NewPage? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NewPage reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NewPage CEO George F. Martin. All reviews posted anonymously by NewPage employees.