There are newer employer reviews for NewPros

Great place to learn the basics for phone sales.

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Powell, OH
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Powell, OH

I worked at NewPros

Pros

Excellent preliminary training. You will learn creative and aggressive phone selling techniques. You'll also learn how to pound the phones like a beast. Good reps can make 42-50k/ yr which isn't bad pay for an entry level phone sales position.

Cons

The atmosphere can be extremely unprofessional. Reps are required to stand at their desks until they have a customer on the line. The Sales Floor can sound like a frat party to customers that you have on the phone because of the celebratory noise and clapping that's required by the entire sales floor every time someone makes a sale.

5 Other Employee Reviews for NewPros (View Most Recent)

High Paced Call Center with Little In Return.

Former Employee - Outbound Sales Representative  in  Powell, OH
    Former Employee - Outbound Sales Representative in Powell, OH

I worked at NewPros full-time for more than a year

Pros

The commission could be good, IF you could make it.

Cons

The hours were okay. 8-5 normal M-F job. Wage started at 10/hr for new hires and 12/hr for "vets." Either way you can make commission. The job is outbound business to business sales for a list and pre-made labels of new "homeowners" in each area. The "sales" team was constantly being pumped up for sales but if you didnt get commission after 4 weeks or so then you got the Axe for "not performing." Regardless of how close you could have been. There is VERY HIGH Turn around. The managers are always changing hands and playing favorites.

Stop high turn over.
    Stop firing people for "lack of sales" these things take time.
    Do more drug tests. Half your employees will fail.

Trainer

Former Employee - Trainer  in  Powell, OH
    Former Employee - Trainer in Powell, OH

I worked at NewPros full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are absolutely no pros! This is the most unethical company I have ever worked for! It's privately owned and the owner leads with fear and intimidation. There is NO job security, and you can be fired without warning. The atmosphere and environment is extremely unprofessional! The foul language, offensive jokes, and ridiculous behavior is just accepted by most. I made the mistake of staying true to myself and remaining professional. I was told I was too "corporate". Really? I was thrown into the training position with NO training. The training room is video taped..(the owner has cameras everywhere so he can make sure he knows what is being said and done at all times). The tapes would clearly show the employees I trained thanking me for a wonderful job. I'm not sure if it was intimidation or what, but even though the new employees were happy I was fired for not "training the right way". Really?!..get serious. I'm so sorry that I was actually training employees in a professional manner! This company will NEVER have anyone working for them with any professionalism or proper work ethic. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!! Take it from someone who is a professional thinking I'd be working in a professional environment. I learned the hard way!!!!!!

Cons

EVERYTHING!!!...DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME APPLYING AND INTERVIEWING!! SPEND YOUR TIME FINDING A REAL JOB WITH A REAL COMPANY!

Get out of the walls of New Pros and see what the real world is really like!!! Oh, and stop being so cold, careless, and heartless! These are people's lives your messing with!

There are newer employer reviews for NewPros

Worked for NewPros? Contribute to the Community!