There are newer employer reviews for NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital

If your looking for a dream job here it is!

Current Employee - Staff Nurse in New York, NY
Current Employee - Staff Nurse in New York, NY

I have been working at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital

Pros

Co-workers are wonderful, management are always there to address concerns and the benefits are great!! Senior nurses (especially night nurses) are very helpful to new nurses like myself in adjusting to this new field and they take us under their wing. Flexibility of work schedule makes it a bit easier to manage work and family life, especially during family emergencies. When there are issues, senior managment take the time to discuss it with you and follow up with you. Also, the emphasis on not only caring for the patient but also the family is an great message and is really incorperated into daily care.

Cons

Staffing is organized by census and not by accuity level of the pateints on the floor making hard on occasion to manage work load, at least in the NICU where I work. Besides that there really isn't anything I can think of.

They are very encouraging and helpful to staff nurses and are great.

reviews filtered by
  1. A secure place to work, where helping others can sometimes be overshadowed by overwork and trivial details.

Current Employee - Bacteriology Supervisor in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Bacteriology Supervisor in New York, NY

I have been working at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital

Pros

Prestigious hospital and the opportunity to be a part of something that helps people.

Cons

Endless "makework" in terms of self-assessments, multiple webinars (although good, they are incessant and the workload is already very high) and quizzes. Pay is not equivalent to similar positions elsewhere around the city.

The hospital institution paradigm is a difficult one to manage, to be sure. However, management constantly wants to show "appreciation" to staff by having an umbrella gift day (a cheap China-made that everybody complained about falling apart when they got wet!), or cheezy insulated lunch totes, whose seams started coming apart almost immediately...key rings, visors...you name. Crappy throw-away items, nobody wants (that come in voluminous boxes -- all from China) is what management thinks is "appreciation". Instead just give us the $2 each, they spend on these things. Save the environment by not using resources to produce crap nobody wants and then goes straight to the landfill. Failing that, send appreciation letters...don't insult us with crap every 6 months!!!

2. Medically advanced patient care, with a smile.

Current Employee - RN in New York, NY
    Current Employee - RN in New York, NY

I have been working at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital

Pros

Very well known medical center, also a large teaching hospital with staff very attentive to team work. Health care staff is very respectful of other staff members, and patients as well.

Cons

Location is inconvenient -- 15 minute walk from 6 train. If you care, nurses are not unionized, as they are at NYP Columbia.

There are newer employer reviews for NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital