NewYorkDress.com

Amazing

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at NewYorkDress.com

Pros

Very friendly, professional and nice

Cons

to start off, a little pay but with possible advancement

you're awesome

13 Other Employee Reviews for NewYorkDress.com (View Most Recent)

A place where micromanaging and being sneaky is required to succeed; Gossip and arbitrary critiques are valued by upper management.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at NewYorkDress.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A good option for younger people or people who don't have many bills to pay OR to anyone who would like to build their resume in ecommerce and or online fashion.

Cons

The pay is low for a stressful call center. Many customers are highly rude, entitled & ignorant. Rarely offers pay raises even when additional work is expected. The pay rate for overnight reps was raised only because they had to legally which brings me to my next point; they are sneaky! And will try to pull as many fast ones as possible until they are called out.
    For the work and stress involved the pay is ridiculous and the "bonus"is not enough and usually late. Cross training involves training all employes to fulfill many roles and work in different departments once again without proper compensation especially for any grown adult in New York City.

I don't really have anything to say to the CEOs/upper mgt for the following reasons: 1) they barely speak proper English (which isn't a crime but helpful in building relationships and understanding peoples intentions) it wouldn't matter if they rarely were in office but they are there for almost every moment 2) they have horrible communication skills and draw unjustified conclusions on employees based on rumor and or favoritism 3) they have little intentions of changing anything and value manipulation. They run things as if they were still in the Israeli army.

Dishonest Management. Bogus Positive Reviews. Heavy Office Politics. Worst Company to Work For.

I have been working at NewYorkDress.com

Pros

A check (if they pay you)

Cons

What's an antonym for teamwork? That's the word I would use to describe NewYorkDress.

New employees are shoved into the deep end and expected to figure everything out on their own.

Don't get on anyone's bad side or you're guaranteed to fail; they'll make sure of it.

If people spent half as much time working toward solutions as they do pointing fingers and placing blame then maybe this company wouldn't be on the fast track to failure.

Managers and supervisors throw their employees under the bus on a regular basis which breeds a sense of paranoia and distrust in the office.

Everyone knows it's survival of the fittest, so they walk around with daggers ready to stab each other in the back.

Meetings resemble a group of toddlers squabbling for attention. People speak to and treat each other like garbage.

Everyone is miserable. It's the most toxic environment I've ever spent time in. There is literally no amount of money that would persuade me to return.

All of that being said, I got very lucky and happened to meet a few people who genuinely cared about my professional growth.

They took time to help me understand the business and for that I will always be grateful.

Because of them I almost gave this company 2 stars, but I have zero interest in boosting NYD's Glassdoor rating.

At the end of the day, even though I had the good fortune of working with quality people you probably won't; the odds are not in your favor. So if you're considering taking a job, I have one word of advice: don't!

I don't even know where to begin. There is so much wrong with NYD's senior level managers, that I can't offer any realistic advice. T

he only thing that would help this company is a complete overhaul--fire everyone at the executive level and bring in an entirely new team.

There are newer employer reviews for NewYorkDress.com