Newark Element 14

www.newark.com
  www.newark.com
There are newer employer reviews for Newark Element 14

if you need a job in pursuit of another

Former Employee - Sales in Aurora, CO
Former Employee - Sales in Aurora, CO

I worked at Newark Element 14

Pros

ok pay and benefits. does work well with you on family emergencies or family care

Cons

you must be one of the favorites or good ol boys (or girls)

they wouldn't listen if i did say anything here. no one ever listened to the employees while we worked there

60 Other Employee Reviews for Newark Element 14 (View Most Recent)

Pitiful, management where productivity is less important than pacifying a narcistic CEO

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Newark Element 14

Pros

It was close to my home
    Located near both CTA and Metra Train Stops
    Many of the employees worked hard and had a sense of humor about all the crazy

Cons

The company was a Matrix organization off the rails. Essentially, no one was empowered to do anything which just meant that no one took responsibility for anything.

Management was completely driven my daily (and even hourly) performance.

Long term planning was a joke. CEO had designated 64 special global teams to develop segments of a "Clear, concise three year plan". It would take three years to read it!

Too many directors and VPs. When I FINALLY left, the ratio of Sr. Management to employees in certain key departments (Marketing, Product Management, etc.) was reach 1:2 relationship.

Too much strategy and too little execution. Too much money spent on high-salaried sr. managers who spent more time pontificating on their latest good ideas and putting nothing into action.

Despite being a high performer, I left and received a 30% bump in salary with little negotiation.

Building was a dump... duct tape on the carpet, peeling wall paper and leaky faucets. Something was always broken.

My only advise... Yard sale.

Let employees do their jobs as opposed to filling about reports and strategizing on how they would like to do their jobs.

Fire all the new management and invest in inventory and people who actually do work.

Was very nice, you could be yourself and be genuine. Now it's they're way or the highway.

Current Employee - Account Specialist in Richfield, OH
    Current Employee - Account Specialist in Richfield, OH

I have been working at Newark Element 14

Pros

Steady job as long as you perform. New building.

Cons

Verint coaching sucks. They also have resorted to standing right behind you and talk about the call as soon as it's done. World class my ass, We are being trained to be high pressure in a nice way.
    Learning how to manipulate the customer(not nice or honest) The name is changing to Element-14 soon and for 2-3 years we have been forced to send customers to the web for ordering and evaluated on that.
    They froze our raise year before last and it's impossible to get a high score with the new metrics and depending on the manager. I try again and again and work it out, but I have my limits and I'm outta there when something better comes along, Been there a long time too. Also got turned down at least 3 times for promotion even though I was qualified, always the favorites. I used to love my job but now it's starting to blow.

Lay off, let the professional sales people do the job they were hired for. It geeks me to be so analyzed and critiqued, I've had so much sales trainIng in my life I can't take it anymore, makes me want to puke. I don't want advice from someone like my kid who thinks they are all that.

There are newer employer reviews for Newark Element 14