Newedge

www.newedge.com

Smart staff

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsStaff are smart and experienced in the broking business in both the dealing room and support functions. Clients like the way we’re set up, especially after everything that happened with Lehmans. Management may not always get the credit, but we’ve made a lot of money while others have imploded. I think that has a lot to do with the fellas at the top.

ConsFirm thrived during the financial crisis as new clients streamed in the doors from many competitors who were imploding. But during ’09, Newedge had to deal with financial constraints as volumes tanked and interest rate income dried up, especially in the States. Organisation has had to deal with managing a merger in the middle of this crisis, so at times I think staff were over-worked and pulled in too many different directions. Then they had to deal with some downsizing because of the market conditions. That contributes to some morale issues. There were also some front office teams who had legacy deals that they’d never get again, at Newedge or anywhere else. So those guys tend to complain and further hurt morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the tough decisions to position us for the long haul. It’s a great business model with some great people. Pay the good people to stay. Get rid of the dead weight.

Wrong passport

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Newedge

Pros: good potential but it has been run into the ground Cons: wrong passport? wrong place. No management training. Sun king ruling… Advice to Senior Management: good luck. When you start hiring you will be paying… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

No standards at newedge

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

I worked at Newedge

Pros: with no standards in IT, it is easy to do things the way you… Cons: No Standards, No dev/test environments. in some cases no proper production… Advice to Senior Management: listen to your staff. those that have worked elsewhere… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Newedge.

Worked for Newedge? Contribute to the Community!