There are newer employer reviews for Newell Rubbermaid

This company is Amazing

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winchester, VA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winchester, VA

I worked at Newell Rubbermaid

Pros

Culture, Pay, Management, Teamwork.

The culture was the selling point for me. Everyone seemed to know everyones name. The dress is business casual and never frowned upon. The leadership team (at least my managers) supported work-life balance better than any company I've worked for.

Please note, I hate when people complain that a company cares about its customer more than the employees - whoever wrote that is a moron. The customer is the reason the company is in business. If companies cared more about employees than their customers, then you wouldn't have a job. Newell has one of the better balances of who's more important; the customer or the employee.

If you are a hard worker with a positive attitude, you will go far in the organization and be recognized for your contributions.

Cons

Technology to support operations - Most manufacturing companys, however, are behind the times with basic technology (like smart phones, computers and software). At Newell it seems you have the minimum to get the job done, but this is made up with good teamwork.

Teamwork is great (at least in my function), however across the company it is silo'd

Advice to Management

Think outside of the box more. Continue to develop employees for future positions, this seems to be one of the companies strongest points.

reviews filtered by
  1. Good Experience but could be better

Current Employee - Product Marketing Intern in Huntersville, NC
    Current Employee - Product Marketing Intern in Huntersville, NC

I have been working at Newell Rubbermaid

Pros

Great products, always fun to work for a company that makes products you can relate to. Had a great manager that cared a lot about my experiences and skills development. Others at the company are also great to work with.

Cons

Company is currently struggling and facing new leadership, downsizing, and slow performance. I worked there as an intern and was not given a full time offer (none of my fellow interns were either) due to restructuring. Worst part was that managers likely knew that I would not be hired for full time because of budgeting but did not communicate this until many months after the internship was over.

Advice to Management

Be more open and honest with how the company is doing and job prospects to interns through the interview process and job.

Barely an OK place to work...seems to be going down-hill.

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Newell Rubbermaid

Pros

Varies depending on manager and business unit. Overall, there's not a lot of positive comments.

Cons

Layoffs/Cutbacks to the point of not being able to do your job well.
    Lack of raises and bad HR policies.

Advice to Management

Realize your people are what makes your company succeed and treat them like it. Laying off someone and having the person next to them do both jobs with no incentives isn't going to help Newell Rubbermaid succeed.

There are newer employer reviews for Newell Rubbermaid