There are newer employer reviews for Newell Rubbermaid

Interesting but too corporate.

Current Employee - Supply Chain Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Supply Chain Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Newell Rubbermaid

Pros

Fantastic office, excellent people of reasonably high caliber, career development starting to get better.

Cons

Too much corporate non-value added work (meetings, meetings, meetings meetings); excessive interference by cross functional people that want to run everything.

Ensure that cross functional team members are being reigned in to each discipline can do its job. R & D is being choked and the R & D team needs more freedom. Mike Polk is a breath of fresh air - the company is going to start motoring with him at the helm.

296 Other Employee Reviews for Newell Rubbermaid (View Most Recent)

This company is Amazing

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Winchester, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winchester, VA

I worked at Newell Rubbermaid

Pros

Culture, Pay, Management, Teamwork.

The culture was the selling point for me. Everyone seemed to know everyones name. The dress is business casual and never frowned upon. The leadership team (at least my managers) supported work-life balance better than any company I've worked for.

Please note, I hate when people complain that a company cares about its customer more than the employees - whoever wrote that is a moron. The customer is the reason the company is in business. If companies cared more about employees than their customers, then you wouldn't have a job. Newell has one of the better balances of who's more important; the customer or the employee.

If you are a hard worker with a positive attitude, you will go far in the organization and be recognized for your contributions.

Cons

Technology to support operations - Most manufacturing companys, however, are behind the times with basic technology (like smart phones, computers and software). At Newell it seems you have the minimum to get the job done, but this is made up with good teamwork.

Teamwork is great (at least in my function), however across the company it is silo'd

Think outside of the box more. Continue to develop employees for future positions, this seems to be one of the companies strongest points.

Good Experience but could be better

Current Employee - Product Marketing Intern  in  Huntersville, NC
    Current Employee - Product Marketing Intern in Huntersville, NC

I have been working at Newell Rubbermaid

Pros

Great products, always fun to work for a company that makes products you can relate to. Had a great manager that cared a lot about my experiences and skills development. Others at the company are also great to work with.

Cons

Company is currently struggling and facing new leadership, downsizing, and slow performance. I worked there as an intern and was not given a full time offer (none of my fellow interns were either) due to restructuring. Worst part was that managers likely knew that I would not be hired for full time because of budgeting but did not communicate this until many months after the internship was over.

Be more open and honest with how the company is doing and job prospects to interns through the interview process and job.

There are newer employer reviews for Newell Rubbermaid

Worked for Newell Rubbermaid? Contribute to the Community!