Growth and development

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Newell Rubbermaid

Pros

Development opportunites and training opportunities

Cons

Significant level of change currently

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Interesting but too corporate.

Current Employee - Supply Chain Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Newell Rubbermaid

Pros

Fantastic office, excellent people of reasonably high caliber, career development starting to get better.

Cons

Too much corporate non-value added work (meetings, meetings, meetings meetings); excessive interference by cross functional people that want to run everything.

Advice to Management

Ensure that cross functional team members are being reigned in to each discipline can do its job. R & D is being choked and the R & D team needs more freedom. Mike Polk is a breath of fresh air - the company is going to start motoring with him at the helm.

2. This company is Amazing

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winchester, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winchester, VA

I worked at Newell Rubbermaid

Pros

Culture, Pay, Management, Teamwork.

The culture was the selling point for me. Everyone seemed to know everyones name. The dress is business casual and never frowned upon. The leadership team (at least my managers) supported work-life balance better than any company I've worked for.

Please note, I hate when people complain that a company cares about its customer more than the employees - whoever wrote that is a moron. The customer is the reason the company is in business. If companies cared more about employees than their customers, then you wouldn't have a job. Newell has one of the better balances of who's more important; the customer or the employee.

If you are a hard worker with a positive attitude, you will go far in the organization and be recognized for your contributions.

Cons

Technology to support operations - Most manufacturing companys, however, are behind the times with basic technology (like smart phones, computers and software). At Newell it seems you have the minimum to get the job done, but this is made up with good teamwork.

Teamwork is great (at least in my function), however across the company it is silo'd

Advice to Management

Think outside of the box more. Continue to develop employees for future positions, this seems to be one of the companies strongest points.