Newell Rubbermaid

www.newellrubbermaid.com

Winning ugly

ProsNew strategy is compelling and some of the new leaders are doing a good job. In particular, Polk is a determined and extremely hard working guy who is making tough, but sometimes unpopular choices. The risk however, is that many of new management particularly on the development side do not know how to lead and motivate people. They also have not really taken the time to understand the business at a level that will enable good strategies to be translated into solid results. We have lost nearly all of the former marketing team and i do not know who will do all of he work. On the other hand, our new Chief Customer Officer (Joe Cavaliere) is making good changes in a positive way that has motivated the team. He seems to respect the people here and is taking the time to learn new businesses. I believe the company in headed in a positive direction , but we must slow down a little and support our team better.

ConsDevelopment team is very arrogant and needs to dig into the details. They have scared off many good people and this creates risk. They also seem to spend a lot of time traveling around the world when most of the business is done in NA.

Advice to Senior ManagementSlow down, respect people and take the time to learn the nuances of our business. You may be very smart, but you need the team to support you and you also need to understand how things actually get done. For example, we are consistently missing customer deadlines because there is no understanding or respect for the fact that we must deliver marketing/innovation plans on their timetable vs our own. A good strategy that is late is practically worthless.

There are newer reviews on Newell Rubbermaid.

Worked for Newell Rubbermaid? Contribute to the Community!