Newell Rubbermaid

www.newellrubbermaid.com
There are newer employer reviews for Newell Rubbermaid

Good Potential, but a Long way to Go

I have been working at Newell Rubbermaid full-time

Pros

New Strategy (Growth Game Plan) is very good and Polk has made some positive changes. Despite all the change, it looks like the company will deliver its targets thanks to a good job by the customer development organization.

Cons

Overall employee motivation is at an all time low due to many new leaders who do not know how to motivate and show respect to employees. I suspect that they might attribute this to the recent organizational moves but it is because they are impractical and devalue the contributions of the team. Additionally, they are not spending enough time to understand the business details and are always in some foreign country when we need them in the US where most of the business is located. Some functions like sales, finance, HR are doing much better, but many of the segment teams are confused and do not know how to operate in this new model.

Take time to really understand how some executives are leading (or Not!) and hold them accountable for the poor decisions. I do not understand how we can expect any output from the marketing team when nearly the entire team has decided to leave. In this day and age, who should be allowed to "take off" an entire 6 months because of bad organizational
planning!

325 Other Employee Reviews for Newell Rubbermaid (View Most Recent)

Strong Performer

Current Employee - Supply Chain
    Current Employee - Supply Chain

I have been working at Newell Rubbermaid full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, driven company. As with many corporations, making budgets/forecasts each month is paramount but the division I am in really does have a true plan. Communication up and down the ladder is good with the ability to ask questions and to get real answers.

Cons

Movement opportunities are not plentiful. I have found that sometimes the end result is applauded but the process and the people who helped earn that result aren't always congratulated as well.

Understand where the brain power and muscle really exists. Don't let the successes of a the team cloud the need to reach out and celebrate key individuals.

Terrible business model

I have been working at Newell Rubbermaid full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Co-workers are awesome.
    Employee resource groups are so great and they need to be at all companies.

Cons

Newell Rubbermaid does these quarterly "pull aheads" which basically take sales from the upcoming quarter by incentivising customers with a discount to pull volume into the current quarter. These are done on a large scale (10-100 million dollars) and have been going on for at least 2 years. Our CEO then says we are growing even though the growth is not real. I understand the concept behind the business practice and I'm not against it on an "as needed basis" but this is now part of the regular business cadence and doesn't appear to be slowing.

Resign. No investor should put a cent into this company until they can get off this "pull ahead" drug and actually get into a cadence of delivery and you are not the people who will get us there. I put my money where my mouth is and pulled all 401K and personal investments in NWL.

There are newer employer reviews for Newell Rubbermaid