Newell Rubbermaid

www.newellrubbermaid.com
There are newer employer reviews for Newell Rubbermaid

Face paced and rewarding but difficult on your personal life

Former Employee - Product Manager in Huntersville, NC
Former Employee - Product Manager in Huntersville, NC

I worked at Newell Rubbermaid full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great training, strong brands, excellent people

Cons

Hard work/life balance - long hours, demanding travel schedule, constantly shifting strategy

Pick a strategy and stick with it for more than a quarter!

325 Other Employee Reviews for Newell Rubbermaid (View Most Recent)

Interesting ride so far.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Newell Rubbermaid full-time

Pros

Great work/life balance and perks like Employee Store & gym on site. Great training programs. Company has gone through a major restructure, going from a cluster of holding companies to one centralized Newell. To say that the past 2 years have been challenging would be an understatement, but the worst seems to be over. We're poised to blossom as One Newell, but only cautiously optimistic as the next few months will be difficult, with people moving to their respective functional regions or leaving the company.

Cons

The restructure created a lot of different campuses, geographically dividing functions that are intimately intertwined (Marketing in ATL & Graphics in Michigan, R&D in ATL & ID in Michigan etc...). Immediate future could be very frustrating in terms of how to collaborate, communication, information gathering, role clarifications. Also, if you join as a core function team member, you'll have a pretty well laid out career path if you perform (i.e., Marketing, finance). If you join as a supporting character, the map is not so well defined and there's not much of a ladder to climb (i.e., Quality, materials, lab technicians, fashion, etc...). I have received great reviews, am very well compensated for what I do, but feel a bit stagnant and bored due to lack of advancement opportunities.

This is a new structure, granted, but you must be feeling the 'you vs us' atmosphere. That wall is pretty thick in all townhall meetings. Break that barrier and have informal conversations with the folks working in the trenches that are working so hard everyday to deliver your objectives and your Growth Game Plan. Also, sometimes, you have to think 'inside of the box' - there are plenty of super talents in the organizations. You do not have to outsource everything.

Ruthless CEO - abrupt changes underway

I worked at Newell Rubbermaid

Pros

Great brands and knowledgeable sales and marketing teams. Great location.

Cons

So much upheaval it's
    Hard to keep track and the moral is at an all time
    Low. I left a year ago and hear stories daily of relocations and positions being dissolved without warning

Dethrone Polk