There are newer employer reviews for Newell Rubbermaid

Great place for designers = total truth

Former Employee - Senior Industrial Designer in Huntersville, NC
Former Employee - Senior Industrial Designer in Huntersville, NC

I worked at Newell Rubbermaid full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked at Newell Rubbermaid for a bit over eight years and, due to personal issues with my children's custody, could not move to the new design center. There is another person who is posting as 'senior designer' who has made multiple rant posts regarding a negative experience at Newell. Even though I am leaving the organization, this is my choice and the management team has been incredibly supportive by not only providing me a years notice of the changes that were coming, but also my director and vice president are personally assisting me in locating a new job. If I could have made the move I would have, as the past structure did not offer as many opportunities for advancement as the new structure will. I hope at some point my circumstances change and I can rejoin the team. In the meantime, I have nothing but good things to say about my experiences at Newell.

Cons

The company is in the middle of a strategy to move from a holding company to an operating company. If you like a holding company model, this is not the place for you. If you like being a part of dramatic change and a fast paced environment you should consider Newell.

Advice to Management

Be patient with employees who are working very hard to make the company strategy work

Other Employee Reviews for Newell Rubbermaid

1. Disappointed. Company has lost a lot of good and loyal employees over the past couple of years.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Newell Rubbermaid full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Large company with strong brands

Cons

Terrible employee culture! The leadership has changed and is only focused on driving stock prices up! Give employees a chance to learn and accept a change before making more changes as you loose the support and benefits for change. Unless you have a manager that believes in career development, no chance of getting promoted unless your manager is a "favorite" from leadership.

Advice to Management

Start promoting employees that work hard and earn it rather then promoting on favoritism. Stop being part of the problem and be part of the solution!

Face paced and rewarding but difficult on your personal life

Former Employee - Product Manager in Huntersville, NC
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Huntersville, NC

I worked at Newell Rubbermaid full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great training, strong brands, excellent people

Cons

Hard work/life balance - long hours, demanding travel schedule, constantly shifting strategy

Advice to Management

Pick a strategy and stick with it for more than a quarter!