Newell Rubbermaid

www.newellrubbermaid.com
There are newer employer reviews for Newell Rubbermaid

Excellent company to work for

Current Employee - potential operations manager in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - potential operations manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Newell Rubbermaid full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Continuously improving to better the organization and huge on safety. Great screening process for new employees and managers.

Cons

Not many to report other then upper management listen to employees ideas a little more. All ideas are good just need to decipher what to use and what not to use.

Keep up the great work on how the company has grown. I love the seal program and how the company relies on the team members for there success.

May 23, 2014Campus Recruiter

Thank you for your review! It's definitely an exciting time to be a part of our company. We'd love to hear your ideas and encourage you to reach out to a member of the Employee Insights Team in ... More

337 Other Employee Reviews for Newell Rubbermaid (View Most Recent)

Politics are more important than solving the problem

Former Employee - Middle Manager
    Former Employee - Middle Manager

I worked at Newell Rubbermaid full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Plenty of things to work on to improve. Many of their core products are household names like Sharpie markers and Rubbermaid containers so brand recognition is strong.

Cons

Leadership is often a revolving door of politicians that are in it to make a splash in the short term and then exit before their impact of their poor decisions can fully develop. It is a highly matrixed organization that makes it easy for people to "hide". Real accountability is something that is hard to pin on upper managers. Responsibility is often assigned without the required authority to actually make the required changes to fix things. Finance/Accounting types have the most authority, even when they don't understand the business they are trying to control. Marketing/Sales teams are very green and act more like sorority/frat members than marketing/sales professionals.

Company values need to be more than a plaque hanging on a wall in the Atlanta HQ palace. They have to be lived by senior leaders who walk-the-talk and hold everyone accountable from the top down. Having some integrity, humility and demonstrated servant leadership would go a long way here. Having a Vision that can survive beyond the next quarterly stock report would also help provide stability and create a platform for true progress and continuous improvement. Of course that takes some dedication, courage and selflessness which was problematic when I worked there.

Jul 22, 2014Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review.

Engineering Manager

Former Employee - Engineering Manager in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Former Employee - Engineering Manager in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I worked at Newell Rubbermaid full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Iconic brands. I got to work with some fabulous people, most of which were laid off.

Cons

No stability, short sights plans except to make each quarter for the street and pay huge bonuses to leadership. I worked here 7 years and saw 5 ground up reorganizations. Staff turns were likely in excess of 50% per annum. People with more than 19 years tenure were routinely laid off. Nothing you could do made you safe from the perpetual re-org axe. I wasted my time and talents here.

What you do for the company is not worth the bonus you pay yourselves. The short term thinking will eventually leave you with nothing.

Jul 22, 2014Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We wish you the best of luck with your future endeavors!

There are newer employer reviews for Newell Rubbermaid