There are newer employer reviews for Newell Rubbermaid

NWL is a good place, but has a lot of potential to improve.

Current Employee - Senior R&D Engineer in Exton, PA
Current Employee - Senior R&D Engineer in Exton, PA

I have been working at Newell Rubbermaid

Pros

I enjoy making noble products. Even though the company's goals are to make profit, it makes me feel good to know that my products will touch peoples lives in a positive way.

Cons

Even though NWL has been around a fair amount of time, there is always a lot of change, and no real long term vision is obtained.

Make it a goal to treat every cross functional group within a company equally (not playing favorits).

reviews filtered by

Cronyism at it's best!!

Former Employee - Human Resources in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Newell Rubbermaid

Pros

Great products and deep employee discounts.It is a great feeling to walk into a store and see products you had something to do with. It is also a great conversation starter when someone wants to know where you work. Everyone owns something from Newell.

Cons

Management is able to have free reign. If you like a good ole boy atmosphere Newell is for you! Off-site meetings are plentiful but not productive at all. Not being a "good fit" extends far beyond performance, which is ridiculous.

Stop drinking and socializing and start being productive so the company doesnt go under in these hard economic times.

2. Good place to get experience

Former Employee - Account Representative in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Account Representative in San Jose, CA

I worked at Newell Rubbermaid

Pros

It's a solid company and a place to get sales experience. A person fresh out of college may not want to get involved with the retail side of things but if you can get in the business-to-business environment it is definately worth it.

Cons

When I was with them they were a fairly new sales organization that had some growing pains to go through. Since there was a lack of management experience the sales force was micromanaged which ultimately gummed up the works.

It has been three years since I worked there so things may be different. I would say the organization needs to promote from within and make people earn their position.

There are newer employer reviews for Newell Rubbermaid