Newmont Mining

www.newmont.com

Hopefully things are changing now that the new CEO is in charge, but lots of old timers still remain.

Director (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsAs one of the industry leaders in gold mining Newmont leads in environmental/health/safety issues. I enjoyed travelling around the world to the different sites. The science of gold mining is fascinating in and of itself, but the benefits of salary, generous 401k, stock, and pension all added to that 'shine'.

ConsIt is a good old boys club. It has always been about who you know. Additionally, the culture is short sighted - 'if you are not moving dirt, you're not adding value.'

Advice to Senior ManagementDick O'Brien seems to be level headed and intent on changing the direction of the company. This review was based largely on the organization prior to his lead. Communicating vision and strategies to lower level employees is key to keeping everyone rowing in the same direction though.

good money but you have to get along with all types of managers

Lab (Former Employee) Winnemucca, NV

I worked at Newmont Mining

Pros: location and pay are decent Cons: management looks at political side of a person rather than… Advice to Senior Management: Promoting people based on political decisions rather than technical ability… More

a wonderful place to work!

Senior Mine Planning Engineer (Current Employee) Sunyani (Ghana)

I have been working at Newmont Mining full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: A wonderful for beginning practicing engineers. A technologically conscious company. Cons: Salary rate not competitive in Africa. Advice to Senior Management: Salary should be leveraged to the true market. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Newmont Mining.

Worked for Newmont Mining? Contribute to the Community!