Newmont Mining
www.newmont.com Englewood, CO 5000+ Employees

Richard O'Brien, WAKE UP to 2013!

Slave (Former Employee)
Carlin, NV

I worked at Newmont Mining full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPeople have flocked to the Elko Nevada area, the Carlin pit mine in my case, to be thankful to have a job. It's a secure thought and has benefits included.

ConsThe management, supervisors especially, are basically treating people like slaves to the lowest point, and have a mixed bag of reasons to fire you.It's ok for one person, different for the drinking/fishing pal. They need a standard of acceptance, cut the crap on female harassment, be aware of it, from supervisors to workmates.Supervisors need to follow trained procedures, have a brain, not be a family member of past and move in progression, or an eager idiot who wants a name tag and shove people around.You are losing good dedicated people over ignorance in supervision/policies.They never explain a workers rights in a situation, because most supervisors don't even know them! Profits are #1, safety always #2 until after the fact, they put on a good show to cover their butt first ALWAYS! Train supervisors and HR to today's standards, not make their own as see fit, continuity works great in a workplace!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your head out of the sand, it's 2013, not 1935. There is a need to treat workers right, with reason for cause. I would NEVER invest into this outfit, just to line corporate pockets, slavery was supposed to be abolished years ago. If you have a large turnover of workers, maybe look down the line and see really why you're losing them.You spend a fortune on training, why lose them over ignorance on your part?

I loved working at Newmont!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Englewood, CO

I worked at Newmont Mining as an intern for less than a year

Pros: I worked at their smaller MTF lab and the people there were great. It is a pretty big company, fortune 500 and 46,000 employees, so… Cons: Can't think of any cons Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Stressful judgemental atmosphere do not treat you with respect or give you a chance

Denver, CO

I have been working at Newmont Mining full-time for less than a year

Pros: Got paid on time, nice office to work in Cons: No people skills, don't introduce you to anybody, unfriendly, no… Advice to Senior Management: Negative atmosphere is unbearable treat people with respect maybe you… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Newmont Mining.

Worked for Newmont Mining? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Newmont Mining reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Newmont Mining CEO Gary J. Goldberg. All reviews posted anonymously by Newmont Mining employees.