Newmont Mining

www.newmont.com

Great company positioned to weather mining cycles.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Elko, NV

ProsNewmont has great benefits and career opportunities. I have been with the company for eighteen years and have worked in four different departments. Each change has brought career growth and significant increases in pay. Benefits are outstanding with both a pension and 401k retirement plan as well as company provided clinics and transportation to mine sites. There is a very strong committment to safety and the environment. Newmont's mine sites in Nevada are very diverse culturally with employees from 20 different countries. Every generation is represented with some employees working for Newmont for almost 50 years!

ConsNortheastern Nevada is very rural but the people are very friendly and there lots of recreational activities and community events to participate in. A great place to put down roots!

Advice to Senior ManagementThe recent management changes are having a positive effect. Things need to move forwad quickly so we are positioned to benefit from the next upturn in gold prices. I'd love to see a merger or acquisition like the most recent one with Fronteer.

Strong Mining Culture

I have been working at Newmont Mining

Pros: Long tenure Company that is going through metal cycle stress.… Cons: Need to drive culture change to core mining Advice to Senior Management: New team is great - looking forward to moving the company forward… More

Mining for Gold

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Denver, CO

I have been working at Newmont Mining full-time for more than a year

Pros: Culture, Values, Compensation, Benefits, Community Cons: Business Prospects, Work Life Balance Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Newmont Mining.

Worked for Newmont Mining? Contribute to the Community!