Newmont Mining

www.newmont.com
There are newer employer reviews for Newmont Mining

Put on a good face

I have been working at Newmont Mining

Pros

Wide range of projects, work assignments and opportunity to move between them. Job involment is in your hand. Fairly stable company with benefits.

Cons

Obvious working "silos" between departments and projects. Little to no corporate direction, strategy or plan. The information provided to employees is so general it could apply to any organization.

The company does a good job of creating procedures but appears to do little in following them (Stage Gate). I would hope we would be able to get past the constant lip service and develop tools for improving our business - such as create an online scorecard of the projects to show what stage each one is in. It's always a mystery finding critical project information - who has it and where is it stored? In my opinion we would be able to run our business considerable better with instant information access. This requires data organization. In the current system when someone retires or moves on thier information is lost. There are plenty of options for storing, retrieving and accessing all types of information.

76 Other Employee Reviews for Newmont Mining (View Most Recent)

good company

I have been working at Newmont Mining

Pros

good salary and lot of experiences

Cons

don't take good care about people

It was a good job.

I worked at Newmont Mining

Pros

Worked on just about every machine that came into the shop in one way or another. Good variety. Good crew. Excellent work schedule and benefits. Company provided transportation. Relocation money was very useful.

Cons

Some in leadership positions took their position too seriously. A little bit political. Typical mine maintenance shop "high school" style drama. Favoritism.

Need to eliminate the favoritism and allow each person to develop their skills at their pace. A little more open communication between management and technicians. Listen to the technicians' ideas when they are asked for them instead of hearing and ignoring.

There are newer employer reviews for Newmont Mining