Glassdoor is your free inside look at Newmont Mining reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Newmont Mining CEO Richard T. O'Brien. All reviews posted anonymously by Newmont Mining employees.
I have been working at Newmont Mining
Pros – - If you have the initiative you can take on multiple projects
- Lots of personal career growth occurs when working with the "non-workers"
- Good compensation particularly for multiple internships
- Will likely discover you don't want to work for Newmont before it's too late
Cons – - 1/3 of the workforce calls themselves "the nonworkers" because they litterally avoid doing any work. They will try to prevent you from getting your work done and will do everything possible to make your internship hell. Possibly succeeding.
- If you don't take the initiative you can spend your entire grinding rocks or worse absolutely nothing
- Projects frequently are not valuable and are a mutual waste of time
- Very disorganized intern program
- Willingness to lose millions of dollars instead of spending thousands of dollars on chemical products
Advice to Senior Management – Find the slackers in your organization - they cost you money and stand in everyone's way.
No, I would not recommend this company to a friend
2010-11-01 21:25 PDT
Your feedback has been sent to the team and we'll look into it.
Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.