Good company, great people

Current Employee - IT
Current Employee - IT

Pros

Many great things about the company - commitment to safety, environmental and social responsibility - terrific people and pay/benefits - immersion in international cultures

Cons

A significant lack in walking the talk regarding the company's value of "developing employees in the pursuit of excellence." In many departments, there was a trend more like "out with the old and in with the new" every time a new manager took over, losing a lot of good people. Morale is going downhill fast.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees at all levels, not just your favorites in the 'cliques'

Other Employee Reviews for Newmont Mining

Put on a good face

Pros

Wide range of projects, work assignments and opportunity to move between them. Job involment is in your hand. Fairly stable company with benefits.

Cons

Obvious working "silos" between departments and projects. Little to no corporate direction, strategy or plan. The information provided to employees is so general it could apply to any organization.

Advice to Management

The company does a good job of creating procedures but appears to do little in following them (Stage Gate). I would hope we would be able to get past the constant lip service and develop tools for improving our business - such as create an online scorecard of the projects to show what stage each one is in. It's always a mystery finding critical project information - who has it and where is it stored? In my opinion we would be able to run our business considerable better with instant information access. This requires data organization. In the current system when someone retires or moves on thier information is lost. There are plenty of options for storing, retrieving and accessing all types of information.

2. warehouse tech

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Newmont Mining as a contractor

Pros

work environment was good place to work at

Cons

working nights then day shifts took a bit to get use to