There are newer employer reviews for Newmont Mining

Good company, great people

Current Employee - IT
Current Employee - IT

I have been working at Newmont Mining

Pros

Many great things about the company - commitment to safety, environmental and social responsibility - terrific people and pay/benefits - immersion in international cultures

Cons

A significant lack in walking the talk regarding the company's value of "developing employees in the pursuit of excellence." In many departments, there was a trend more like "out with the old and in with the new" every time a new manager took over, losing a lot of good people. Morale is going downhill fast.

Listen to employees at all levels, not just your favorites in the 'cliques'

69 Other Employee Reviews for Newmont Mining (View Most Recent)

It is pretty good company to work for, especially in Australia.

I have been working at Newmont Mining

Pros

Global organisation that it trying hard to retain employees by changing the culture from mining to becoming a global business.

Cons

There is a lack of business acumen by some senior managers as they have worked their way up the organisation and are very good miners but not so good at business. There is still a culture of command and control and the idea of risk taking and empowerment are not truly engrained.

Take a risk and let people be empowered and then you will achieve your aim of being an inventive, progressive organisation.

Put on a good face

I have been working at Newmont Mining

Pros

Wide range of projects, work assignments and opportunity to move between them. Job involment is in your hand. Fairly stable company with benefits.

Cons

Obvious working "silos" between departments and projects. Little to no corporate direction, strategy or plan. The information provided to employees is so general it could apply to any organization.

The company does a good job of creating procedures but appears to do little in following them (Stage Gate). I would hope we would be able to get past the constant lip service and develop tools for improving our business - such as create an online scorecard of the projects to show what stage each one is in. It's always a mystery finding critical project information - who has it and where is it stored? In my opinion we would be able to run our business considerable better with instant information access. This requires data organization. In the current system when someone retires or moves on thier information is lost. There are plenty of options for storing, retrieving and accessing all types of information.

There are newer employer reviews for Newmont Mining