Newport Harbor Corporation

www.newportharbor.com
  www.newportharbor.com
There are newer employer reviews for Newport Harbor Corporation

Not at all what is portrayed!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport, RI
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport, RI

I worked at Newport Harbor Corporation full-time

Pros

I can't really think of any, other than it's a place of private sector employment options for a failing state.

Cons

The headquarters building's second floor is mostly outdated. The second floor poor drop ceiling lighting, very tiny outdated kitchen with no proper reception area.

People in Rhode Island with it's long standing very high employment rate for the entire country are desperate for a good job. With almost no private sector jobs in the state, you would think that Newport Harbor Corp would be as wonderful as all the awards and top honors in the state and then you realize there really isn't ANY business in the state so it's completely skewed. The second floor of the headquarters was like working with quiet, miserable people all day long, zero fun or laughter just a sad, long miserable day. They are happy there just because they actually have a job in Rhode Island.

3 Other Employee Reviews for Newport Harbor Corporation (View Most Recent)

A lot of talk with zero walk

I worked at Newport Harbor Corporation full-time

Pros

The Newport, RI corporate office is in a nice, seaside area.

Cons

Very low pay at the corporate office in Newport, RI. I know it's Rhode Island and the pay rate for the state resembles the deep south; even so I was paid a very low salary for my job title. It was a completely different experience than what was stated at the time of the interview. The word load that was promised never materialized and I was let go right before the Holiday season. They do a lot of morale building exercises and employee engagement activities, if only they walked the walk more and were upfront and honest.

The feeling of the corporate office is like a morgue on the 1st floor, suggest a real shake up from the ground up and bring some life in there! Also, you might want to try being honest and do not hire people that you do not have the work for, this job economy is hard enough especially in Rhode Island which is already a large challenge.

Employee ownership is what sets Newport Harbor Corporation apart from other employers

Current Employee - Executive Chef in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Executive Chef in Boston, MA

I have been working at Newport Harbor Corporation full-time

Pros

Newport Harbor Corporation embodies it's Four Core Values; Employees Rule, Profits Matter, Do the Right Thing and Guests Guide Us.

Cons

I've been with this ogranization for many years and can honestly say that I can not imagine working anywhere else!

There are newer employer reviews for Newport Harbor Corporation