News America Marketing

www.newsamerica.com
There are newer employer reviews for News America Marketing

One Big, Happy, "NAMily"!

Current Employee - Account Director
Current Employee - Account Director

I have been working at News America Marketing full-time

Pros

1. Young & Energetic Culture - They hire outgoing, personable, fun, smart, hard working people who are great to be around. Anyone who doesn't fit the mold tends to leave on their own accord.
2. Very quick upward mobility - If you are willing to relocate, you can get through the sales development process in less than 2 years and see huge salary increases.
3. Work is hard but rewarding. Upper management celebrates big wins and success through weekly division meetings and bulletins.
4. Great mentorship program that allows young sales people to get advice from senior level execs.
5. Exposure to wide array of marketing/promotion makes you a highly sought-after employee if you choose to leave.

Cons

1. Uneven distribution of workload - Sometimes you may have twice or three times the workload of another employee at the same level. My advice - stick it out, ask for help, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
2. Little management training - Since the road to the top is so fast; you may have a manager who is close to the same age as you are. Bonus - The opportunity to form a great relationship with your manager.

1. Step in to help distribute workload when half the team stays until midnight and the other half leaves at 5pm.
2. Foster an environment that stresses work/life balance as opposed to work/work balance.
3. Put more trust in your employees. Approval processes, internal paperwork, and office requirements make it difficult to manage 10 sales calls per week.
4. More management training!!!

112 Other Employee Reviews for News America Marketing (View Most Recent)

My 6 years with the company has been up & down, unfortunately.

Current Employee - Field Representative
    Current Employee - Field Representative

I have been working at News America Marketing part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You are able to set your own hours. You can ask for time off as long as your area manage can find someone to cover your territory or they can cover themselves as their time permits.

Cons

I've been there 6 years & my hourly wage hasn't increased by more than a dollar per hour. I feel that I'm putting more miles on my car than I'm being paid to. The montly stipend for insurance & repairs on your vehicle doesn't even begin to put a dent in the actual cost. I have a car that I use strictly for my job & I know this from experience.

Field reps hours are being cut left & right but I'm sure your hours & pay aren't. The people who sit in their office all day need to think about who is actually doing the work - the field reps. We're the ones who are fighting with mother nature on a daily basis to get the work done. Increase the wages & stipends, increase our hours so we don't have to balance more than one job to make ends meet. When I started with the company 6 years ago, I was working 30-35 hours per week now I'm lucky if I get at least 10 hours per week.

Work hard, Play hard!

I have been working at News America Marketing full-time

Pros

Very fun atmosphere. It is a young company with older executives who act young. The culture is consistent across every office in the US. You receive wonderful training and a lot of responsibility with accounts.

Cons

MICRO-MANAGING. I thought it might have been my manager who was micro-managing me, but it's evident that it comes from the top down. Yes, it's a sales organization who is focused on $$, but if you ask me to do something--I'll get it done. High turn-over.

NAM does a great job training their employees, welcoming everyone to the office, and making us feel "at home". You lose that feeling when the micro-management kicks in at the AA and AD level with have to track every single action you do. Such high requirements when NAM already has a large market share.

There are newer employer reviews for News America Marketing