There are newer employer reviews for News America Marketing

Its great place to work.

Current Employee - Field Representative in Tuscaloosa, AL
Current Employee - Field Representative in Tuscaloosa, AL

I have been working at News America Marketing part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule to do work has deadline to meet but you are in control.

Cons

Weather conditions hot and cold.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. I have learnt a lot by working for this company.

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Wilton, CT
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Wilton, CT

I have been working at News America Marketing part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The position/job is quite steady in the merchandising market. The job is always there; you do not have to worry that you would be out of work. The people that you work with are all very friendly and professional.

Cons

Sometimes you feel that you could get more compensation for all the work that you do.

Advice to Management

I have no advice to management except that I wish we could get their programs working better on my home computer; specifically, that I could print from their site.

Stay away if you are not in Sales

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at News America Marketing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, nice co-workers for the most part, getting out early the day before a holiday, access to the News Corp cafe Sales people seem to leave and end up in good jobs elsewhere

Cons

There is a clear distinction at this company between sales and sales support. Basically any department that is not sales is considered sales support regardless of whether it is in finance, marketing, operations, etc. Sales support salaries were NOT increased when the sales salaries were a few years ago. Morale throughout the non-sales departments is very low since you are considered a second class citizen and are paid accordingly. I can't comment on management throughout the whole company (some people I know were happy with their managers), but in my department management was awful. Managers did not communicate properly with employees. There was also clear favoritism to the point where some employees were able to consistently get in late, work from home whenever they wanted and take unlimited sick/personal days. If you were not a favorite, you were treated badly. Before leaving, I felt as though I was working in a hostile work environment due to the horrible attitude of my miserable boss. This company is very old fashioned and is only getting more strict as time goes on. There is extremely high turnover and a decent amount of people leave every week. If you stay here a couple years you will be one of the more senior people, which is sad.

Advice to Management

Understand that this is a coupon company and you are not curing cancer. People are here to have something to put on their resume, not because coupons are their passion.