News Corp

www.newscorp.com
  www.newscorp.com
There are newer employer reviews for News Corp

Simple job, but I had a lot of fun

Current Employee - Master Control Operator
Current Employee - Master Control Operator

I have been working at News Corp part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I enjoyed it in the case that the community sees something suspicious we will look into the issue and take appropriate action.

Cons

I didn't really enjoy that in the case that the community sees something suspicious we will look into the issue and take appropriate action.

To enjoy!

51 Other Employee Reviews for News Corp (View Most Recent)

Going downhill quickly

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at News Corp full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Major brands, leading position in Australia, some smart people. Some growth left in some of the digital businesses like Moshtix or The Australian.

Cons

Major budget cuts, revenue declines, plenty of fear in the organisation. News historically was in a position of strength and you could count on developing a solid career there. Now, many of the more interesting business are only loosely affiliated (Fox Sports, Foxtel) and the core newspaper business is in a state of managed decline.

The culture of honesty and communication under Harto seems to have disappeared. It may be too late to get that back, but it's worth trying.

Very high on learning

I have been working at News Corp

Pros

Lot of interesting work done. A good learning experience. Not hierarchy driven. Very encouraging to new ideas. very friendly people

Cons

Not many cons to write about. Its a good place to work. The work hours are stressful. Due to the dynamic industry the timings can be steep

There is a need to breed in house talent to take up positions of responsibility. Developing cross functional capabilities is still nascent.

There are newer employer reviews for News Corp