Never work for News Digital Media in Sydney

Former Employee - Disclosed But IT Related in Sydney (Australia)
Former Employee - Disclosed But IT Related in Sydney (Australia)

I worked at News Corp

Pros

nothing really I hate every thing there

Cons

It is very political environment, they are not professional and can't handle any criticism.

Advice to Management

be fair and honest. Also get rid of your current middle management team, there are not good and all the employees know about that. I've not heard anything but bad stuff from people who are working there.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Really Spacious...Really

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in New York, NY
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at News Corp as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Big Company, nice people, Relax Enviornment if you compare to most of the financial industry companies... No strict time in & out check, contractors got to pay for which ever # of hours they stay in the office, and FT Employer can come in at anytime as long as they go to meetings at time and done their work properly.

Cons

Too loose enviornment knowing the fact it is such a big company... People are not as punctual as you might expect... Long waiting time for each task to be done because it took to long to gather information and everyone just forgot what were they suppose to do... Kind of getting annoyed by this part... Also, they have a really strict head count for each department, but hire many interns/temps/consultant(long term temps) instead. I believe they do pay alright, but no benefits and what so ever. So it you decide for a week of vacation. Go, at any time. No Pay.

2. Lack of management and too much work to do

I worked at News Corp full-time

Pros

Good people to work with, can be fun

Cons

Way too much work load due to cost cutting. Managers don't know the specific job tools to help you. Sometimes you feel overworked, forced to skip lunch breaks and forced to stay late.

Advice to Management

News Corp needs to hire managers who care enough about their job to learn the software and tools to help their teams and to split the workload evenly. There were times I was had 1 hour to do a 3 hour job and others were sitting around on their mobile phones doing nothing and not helping me.