There are newer employer reviews for News Distribution Network

NDN is an illustrious example of gross incompetence.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at News Distribution Network full-time (less than an year)

Pros

NDN is seemingly a thriving corporate metropolis in the digital market, and upon first glance, the benefits of being an NDN employee are astounding. You are given access to a wealth of gadgetry, fully paid benefits, and enough snacks to happily feed the state of Mississippi for a calendar year. As a whole, the office is filled with young people harboring some big personalities, which makes going to work every day less of a challenge. The "pros" to working at NDN are powerful and manipulative. It is undeniable that NDN offers exceptional medical benefits given today's standards, but that does not in any way compensate for the egregious underpayment of hardworking employees. Accepting employment at NDN means committing fully to a non-traditional schedule. However, in house recruiters will dispel this 24/7 mentality to prospects.

Cons

NDN pushes out products that are not ready for market consumption. Upper management expect Account Managers to continually comfort partners (read: clients) through the growing pains of rushed development. Development schedules are rarely on track, but the communication between the product developers and the Account Management team is so disrupted that little information trickles down to the support staff. The prevalence of grossly inappropriate office conduct is overwhelming. The lack of industry knowledge (read: journalist integrity, basic media law, and copyright infringement) among the account management team is astounding. Upper management chose the path of greatest resistance when they chose to sprint through the growing pains of a new business. The NDN model is decidedly brilliant, but the uneducated sales force and the dysfunctional product line could cripple any further exponential growth. Perhaps most importantly, I should emphasize the lack of fair compensation. NDN bills their compensation as highly competitive, but upon further review, that is simply untrue. Finally, NDN's HR practices are laughable. The "department" is entirely corrupt. When discussing or sharing private thoughts with an NDN HR representative, you should assume the integrity of the conversation will not be held in high regard, and more often than not, the conversation is in no way private. There is no doubt in my mind that the aggressively positive reviews of NDN were posted by HR representatives and upper management in an attempt to quell growing distaste for the looming toxicity they call office culture.

You're obviously interested in building a business to sell it, so DO IT.

29 Other Employee Reviews for News Distribution Network (View Most Recent)

Horrible place to work.. Seek employment elsewhere.

I worked at News Distribution Network full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good gear, casual dress, compelling industry segment.

Cons

Where to begin..
    -Senior Management: Ethically bankrupt at the top. Nepotism reigns supreme. Horrific "HR" practices. Monster name dropping egos.
    -24/7 expectations without the pay.
    -Alarmingly active churn of employees.
    -Complete lack of meaningful culture.
    -Meaningless meetings.

I'd bet my last nickel that the last few reviews here were written by NDN management as damage control to bury all the negative reviews. This place is truly toxic..

Sell

Great place to work. NDN is defining an industry.

I have been working at News Distribution Network full-time (more than an year)

Pros

NDN is a fun, fast-paced environment. As a young company, we're on the front lines of the changing landscape of digital media, and we're often writing the industry rules together with clients and partners.

The office is in the heart of Buckhead between Lenox Mall and Phipps Plaza. Employees get free parking, a MacBook, an iPad (for those who need it), and an iPhone. All data plans paid for by the company.

There's a 401K (no employer match just yet); stock options, fully covered health/dental/vision for employees plus family; and a break room stocked with free cokes, Gatorade, and snacks. The company also caters breakfast and lunch often.

People seem to genuinely enjoy their jobs and working together. It's not your typical 9:00 - 5:00, because we all have a stake in the company, and we all want it to continue growing. We absolutely work hard -- sometimes long hours -- and we have fun together too. It's an "I've got your back" kind of environment.

NDN is a relatively flat organization with easy access to senior management. It's rather simple to request time on the CEO's calendar and share what's on your mind. Other execs are equally accessible and just as eager to listen.

There's plenty of room to grow professionally as well. You'll definitely enjoy working at NDN if you like to work hard, are motivated by success, and like to keep up with current events (news, politics, sports, entertainment).

Cons

Because the company is young and growing fast, sometimes we grow beyond the infrastructure to support our growth. But that's just a reflection of the rate of growth. The support is quickly put in place to support new growth.

Keep being picky during the hiring process to make sure we have the right people in the right seats on the bus.

There are newer employer reviews for News Distribution Network