Creative dynamic news company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Newsweek Daily Beast as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Always seeking to do things differently, cool building, best free snacks/drink offering I've ever seen, very reasonable hours.

Cons

Low pay; under-utilized for my level of experience at the time; lack of direct report for my department.

Other Reviews for Newsweek Daily Beast

The company's management is being unfair to workers and the union is not helping.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Newsweek Daily Beast for more than 3 years

Pros

Young staff, very challenging workload with lots of opportunity and visibility if you are creating content and want to be published.

Cons

Small staff means many people are doing several jobs. In an attempt to cut costs they keep laying off people and not hiring new staff. The conscientious, good workers burn out quickly. Particularly for those producing the website and ipad—the hours are brutal—the website is updated 24/7.

Stop being so stingy on the staffing and offer training and opportunities to advance.

Good to learn, slow to move.

I worked at Newsweek Daily Beast full-time for more than a year

Pros

As the company looks to position itself, there is tremendous opportunity to learn. The company offers a great perspective of history and newness that can only be captured through the fusion of both cultures.

Cons

Management is not as open minded as one might hope at a company that claims to still be in an entrepreneurial phase. Management also seeks friendship at times above productivity and performance.

There are newer employer reviews for Newsweek Daily Beast.

Worked for Newsweek Daily Beast? Contribute to the Community!