There are newer employer reviews for Nexans

A lot of room for improvement.

I have been working at Nexans

Pros

Growing industry; not too much stress

Cons

Not too many learning opportunity;
Grow potential limited.

Provide more learning and growing opportunities

13 Other Employee Reviews for Nexans (View Most Recent)

Bonne entreprise, qui propose de bonnes opportunités aux jeunes ingénieurs. Good company offering some opportunities for young engineers

Current Employee - Responsable Des Ventes in Paris (France)
    Current Employee - Responsable Des Ventes in Paris (France)

I have been working at Nexans full-time (more than 10 years)

(Translated from English)

Pros

Apprenez des activités pluridisciplinaires.

Get to learn multi-discipline activities

Cons

Difficile d'évoluer rapidement au niveau national.

On country level not easy to progress fast

Promeut la différence culturelle ;

Facilite, promeut et accélère les programmes d'expatriés.

Promote cultural difference
    Ease , promote and speed-up expat programs

Mixture...depends what division you are in

Former Employee - Manager in New Holland, PA
    Former Employee - Manager in New Holland, PA

I worked at Nexans (more than 8 years)

Pros

There are many positives at Nexans. In the US, the benefits are excellent. Salary, I think, is average or maybe a bit lower than average. Job security is generally very good. There are many opportunities for training, including a program called Nexans University which provides internal training opportunities. Nexans says they are committed to training and I believe that is true.

Cons

Within the LAN division, the management is frighteningly clueless about communication, vision, even common sense decisions. They tend to unwittingly demotivate people by careless comments during meetings. It's too bad because most of the employees are quite dedicated and they are just hungry for someone to actually lead them. In the other divisions, the biggest problem is "old" employees, and I don't just mean age. They are of the mindset that what they have been doing for the past 30 years is fine, and there is no need to change. That is VERY frustrating and will ultimately be their undoing. The aerospace division and the HV division seem on track and to be well organized and positioned to grow.

Be open to new ideas...you don't have to adopt every idea, but at least listen. For BerkTek, management (especially the President), what were you thinking in taking the scholarship money for your kid??? Seriously? People making $10 an hour on the shop floor need this money for their kids...the company president making way into the 6 figures doesn't! It is one of the strongest examples of bad judgment I have ever seen and it still makes me furious.

There are newer employer reviews for Nexans