Nexen
www.nexencnoocltd.com Calgary, Canada 1000 to 5000 Employees

Nexen USA

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

ProsDecent pay, Nice building, generally well meaning company, but...

ConsThe US version of this company is kind of on the ropes. Loosing a lot of staff, for a variety of pretty good reasons, and though they are no longer an immediate extension of the canadian way, it still ends up being the default management style.
I dont think it is unfair to say this companies future is definitely a question mark, a previous poster called it a "Bright Future" and I hope for the sake of those who remain that is true, but that was not the consensus opinion of the average individual when I was there.
I would strongly suggest you ask a lot of questions at the interview about staffing, future, scope.
The good news is that all of this bodes well for negotiating your pay. Trust me, they need you, just dont think you are going to retire here.

Advice to Senior ManagementBreak out of the Canadian mold, you are carrying a fair amount of dead weight in low level managers who are out of their element.
Best of luck

Unfair

Administrative (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

I worked at Nexen as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: Flexible work schedule, good money Cons: Too many Chiefs, not enuff Indians, Unethical Managements, Low Employee… Advice to Senior Management: Reorganization of management who practices what is preached No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Not entirely what I expected however there are some really great people to work with here.

Houston, TX

I have been working at Nexen

Pros: Small community of people. Easy access to senior regional management.… Cons: Very limited opportunity for growth. The company is working on developing a growth strategy for technical roles but there doesn't… More
There are newer reviews on Nexen.

Worked for Nexen? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nexen reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Nexen CEO Fang Zhi . All reviews posted anonymously by Nexen employees.