There are newer employer reviews for Nexmo

Growing like crazy, fun time to be here

Current Employee - Business Sales Executive in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Business Sales Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Nexmo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Growing like crazy -no micromanagement -room to grow -good career opportunities -international experience -easy to have big impact -will have opportunity to do things outside of your job description

Cons

-It's a start up, things change quickly so you must be able to adapt -Limited resources sometimes, getting better as we grow though -Will be asked to do things other than job description because its a start up (not a con for everyone)

Advice to Management

Delegate.

Nexmo Response

Mar 26, 2015 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback! We agree, it is a crazy, and fun time to work at Nexmo. We are growing, lots of new faces are showing up around the office.. yet our focus ... More

Other Employee Reviews for Nexmo

Best place I've worked at

Current Employee - In Development Team in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - In Development Team in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Nexmo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The tech is great and interesting, with lots of development going on, including lots of new tech, opportunity to make an impact. The people are really fun and a pleasure to be around, relaxed atmosphere and plenty of socializing. Nobody, not one person, has left the tech team in the last 3 years, I think that says it all about how great this is. Great office, great location, Nexmo (at least in London) is excellent.

Cons

Outside of the UK teams, I see more staff turnover. I don't really know why, the culture isn't intended to be different elsewhere, maybe it all just works with all the right people in London but not yet elsewhere. I guess that needs working on. The brand also needs working on.

Advice to Management

Do you still want to call yourself a startup? It's a $100m turnover company with more than 150 staff, I think that it's time to say that we're a successful tech company rather than a startup.

Stupid and Lazy people all around the company

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Nexmo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good staff benifit, great team, freedom

Cons

Weird HR, lazy marketing, crazy sales target. Hard to sustain for long.