Next Step Living

www.nextstepliving.com
There are newer employer reviews for Next Step Living

Dynamic, mission driven start-up

I have been working at Next Step Living

Pros

Good ideas are executed quickly, hard work is rewarded, talented people are promoted quickly. Great environmental values run through everything they do and they get real, tangible results.

Cons

It is a start-up (4 years old) so things are constantly changing (mostly for the better). If you want to do the same thing the same way every day this is not the place for you. Also- the company is growing quickly so finding a place to sit can be challenging at times!

Keep the vision and stay nimble! create better ways for folks to move through the company- promotions happen quickly now but a clearer "career path" for folks might help retain people and make sure the right people wind up in the right place.

49 Other Employee Reviews for Next Step Living (View Most Recent)

Wonderful company and wonderful cause!

I have been working at Next Step Living full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great company offering so many helpful programs to home owners. Management team is always open to help with personal development of employees. The best part is you're helping families save money and the planet every day! Over all one of the best companies I've had the pleasure of working for!

Cons

Some growing pains but a company this amazing is bound to grow quickly! Every day the company announces how they plan on doing things better for the customer and their employees!

Keep promoting from within! The employees appreciate it! We also appreciate the impact we're having on the environment as a whole! It's a pleasure going to work every day!

My satisfaction depended upon the position

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Boston, MA

I worked at Next Step Living full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The outreach department has so much passion, openness, and empathy. I feel like they are the driving force of the company and what really makes the clock keep ticking. I loved that we got a bus down to the climate march in New York. People in Outreach feel involved in the community and seem to care about the value of the mission.

I really liked seeing outreach managers go out and canvass every now and then. Its great to see managers stay in touch with what the current challenges are going on.

Cons

If you laterally move out or get promoted out of outreach, its all about metrics, managers that won't answer your questions, trainings that are ineffective to the divisions needs, and I had trouble feeling like I was on a team. Even though we are extremely metrics driven, I never once knew what the monthly target was for my division.

Also, there are so many people that we call as an outbound call that has worked with us previously and had a poor experience, my job was more customer care than just scheduling assessments, but there wasn't any formal training on that part.

I know the focus has been on customer experience, but it seems like there needs to be even more of a focus and some formal training from every department on how to handle some tricky situations where we should be helping out and prioritizing some customers.

There are newer employer reviews for Next Step Living