A good entry level job

Current Employee - Outreach in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Outreach in Boston, MA

I have been working at Next Step Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I work full time in the outreach department and have been generally satisfied. My team is great and really friendly. The work atmosphere is very team driven and I have been given projects to take the lead on despite little previous experience. I feel like I'm accomplishing something and because I go to events, I'm not in the office all day.

Cons

If you want to find out the answer to anything, you need to take initiative and ask the right people. Chances are, you will get multiple different answers, unfortunately. Communication between departments needs a lot of improvement. Some of the ways we interact with the public could be changed so we don't always look like we are after money. We should focus on education as well.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Everyone is looking for the job they hate the least

Current Employee - I Have Had III in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - I Have Had III in Boston, MA

I have been working at Next Step Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

relaxed office. Everyone is in their 20-30s. No real dress code. very rapid growth.

Cons

company moves people around, without ever increasing pay. Everyone is underpaid and very unhappy. No one believes in what they do. The company has grown too fast and has a lot of growing pains. Customers get confused from all the mixed messages. STAY AWAY!

Advice to Management

increase salary and keep employees.Also giving days off like xmass eve would really help boost morale.

Okay experience, but low pay and kind of a waste of time

Former Employee - Outreach Assistant
    Former Employee - Outreach Assistant

I worked at Next Step Living part-time

Pros

You can have an extremely flexible schedule. Coworkers are in general nice and easy going. The atmosphere in the office is fun and lighthearted, and mostly young people work here. There is also a sense that you can contribute to the team's success. Definitely has a sense of camaraderie in the office. There is some favoritism though.

Cons

I don't feel like I learned very much through this experience, it was really just sort of something to do while I searched for another job. The pay was extremely low for the amount of pressure to hit sales goals. Also, the office can get extremely noisy. Also, your team basically makes or breaks your experience.