NextEra Energy, Inc.
www.nexteraenergy.com Juno Beach, FL 5000+ Employees

Great place to begin a nuclear career.

Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Instructor (Former Employee)
Homestead, FL

Pros1. Not as hung up on secondary education as other companies I have worked for- they do a better job of recognizing the talents and potential of the individual.
2. I was well compensated for the job I was hired to do.
3. The benefits the company offered were highly competitive
4. Within my work groups, I worked alongside some truly talented and great people.

Cons1. The senior management was very susceptible to "Flavor of the Month" in reference to initiatives started, yet never completed. A very specific example would be a very excellent program called Supervisory Development Academy- started to improve the leadership and mentoring skills of First Line Supervisors. Apparently, the cost was a concern, and the initial contracted firm was let go in favor of a canned program led by in-house company employees. The quality suffered greatly.
2. Work groups tend to work in silos- no real spirit of cooperation between various groups.
3. Very difficult to move from one work site to another- especially from South Miami-Dade to points north.
4. The company is a strong proponent of "Golden Handcuffs"- offering signing bonuses in return for extended contracts. The only real issue I have with this practice is a person may relocate a long distance only to find out that life in South Florida is unbearable for the family. Now, he/she is locked into a miserable existence due to the contract he signed. This can create problems in the workplace as well- an unhappy home life is bound to manifest itself in the workplace.

Advice to Senior Management1. Return Supervisory Development to it's former glory- the program was working very well, why change it?
2. Tear down the silos. Encourage cooperation, not competition between departments.
3. Stick to the plan. Make sure any new initiative started is well-thought out and sustainable.

Pretty Decent Place to Work

Instructor (Current Employee)
    Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at NextEra Energy, Inc. full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Work Life Balance, along with a comparabale benefit package. Personnel pull together to work as team. The managemnt team will listent to employee… Cons: No real detrements to working for this company Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Large Company with lots of office politics, but tries to make employees satified

Financial Analyst (Current Employee)
    Juno Beach, FL

I have been working at NextEra Energy, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros: NextEra strongly encourages employee engagement. They want happy productive… Cons: NextEra works like a 1000 lb gorilla. Any change… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on NextEra Energy, Inc..

Worked for NextEra Energy, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NextEra Energy, Inc. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NextEra Energy, Inc. CEO James L. Robo. All reviews posted anonymously by NextEra Energy, Inc. employees.