NextEra Energy, Inc.

www.nexteraenergy.com
There are newer employer reviews for NextEra Energy, Inc.

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Project Manager in Juno Beach, FL
Current Employee - Project Manager in Juno Beach, FL

I have been working at NextEra Energy, Inc. full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, many opportunities for advancement, wonderful people to work with; they believe in work,life and balance

Cons

No cons for me I love working here

Keep doing what you are doing

139 Other Employee Reviews for NextEra Energy, Inc. (View Most Recent)

Great place to begin a nuclear career.

Former Employee - Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Instructor in Homestead, FL

I worked at NextEra Energy, Inc. full-time

Pros

1. Not as hung up on secondary education as other companies I have worked for- they do a better job of recognizing the talents and potential of the individual.
    2. I was well compensated for the job I was hired to do.
    3. The benefits the company offered were highly competitive
    4. Within my work groups, I worked alongside some truly talented and great people.

Cons

1. The senior management was very susceptible to "Flavor of the Month" in reference to initiatives started, yet never completed. A very specific example would be a very excellent program called Supervisory Development Academy- started to improve the leadership and mentoring skills of First Line Supervisors. Apparently, the cost was a concern, and the initial contracted firm was let go in favor of a canned program led by in-house company employees. The quality suffered greatly.
    2. Work groups tend to work in silos- no real spirit of cooperation between various groups.
    3. Very difficult to move from one work site to another- especially from South Miami-Dade to points north.
    4. The company is a strong proponent of "Golden Handcuffs"- offering signing bonuses in return for extended contracts. The only real issue I have with this practice is a person may relocate a long distance only to find out that life in South Florida is unbearable for the family. Now, he/she is locked into a miserable existence due to the contract he signed. This can create problems in the workplace as well- an unhappy home life is bound to manifest itself in the workplace.

1. Return Supervisory Development to it's former glory- the program was working very well, why change it?
    2. Tear down the silos. Encourage cooperation, not competition between departments.
    3. Stick to the plan. Make sure any new initiative started is well-thought out and sustainable.

Pretty Decent Place to Work

Current Employee - Instructor in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Current Employee - Instructor in Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at NextEra Energy, Inc. full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Work Life Balance, along with a comparabale benefit package. Personnel pull together to work as team. The managemnt team will listent to employee concerns and if possible incorporate the requested changes. If you want to move around withing company there are plenty of opportunities for movement. If your long range goals are to move up, then there are ample opportunities for advancement.

Cons

No real detrements to working for this company

There are newer employer reviews for NextEra Energy, Inc.