There are newer employer reviews for NextEra Energy, Inc.

Great place with great people

Former Contractor - Invertory Specialist in Abilene, TX
Former Contractor - Invertory Specialist in Abilene, TX

I worked at NextEra Energy, Inc. as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Co-workers were great to work with
Steady work

Cons

None that I can think of

Keep up the good work

reviews filtered by

The Corporate Values are a joke

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Juno Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Juno Beach, FL

I have been working at NextEra Energy, Inc. full-time

Pros

Dynamic company that has many opportunities for growth if you aggressively network.

Cons

Myself and five other people I know have been victims of workplace bullying in the last year. I have never worked anywere where I have heard of such a thing. Management and HR do nothing.

Institute an anti-bullying policy and educate management on how to identify and put a stop to bullying behaviour.

3 years and already ready to leave

Current Employee - PGD Engineer in Juno Beach, FL
    Current Employee - PGD Engineer in Juno Beach, FL

I have been working at NextEra Energy, Inc. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

1. Working for a company that believes in clean/green energy. Since I support the use and growth of clean energy, I am proud to say that I work for a company that invests in clean energy.

2. The benefits are a little better than the benefits that I had at my previous employer (that was also an energy industry utility). The health insurance is more expensive compared to my previous employer.

3. The area and location is nice. It's a much healthier environment compared to where I used to live in Houston.

Cons

1. By far the biggest con is the workload. I have never been so busy, tired, and just exhausted in my 15 years of working in the energy sector. Management has no idea of how much they are burdening their employees with projects that frankly I don't see any value in.

2. Because of #1, it is difficult to work with others since everyone is tired, grumpy, and focused on their own unreasonable workload. This makes group projects especially difficult.

3. In my 15 years I have always been willing to work extra hours when needed to meet deadlines or for emergencies. However, working extra hours has always been the exception. And when I did work the extra hours, it was appreciated. At Nextera, the extra hours are the norm and is expected not appreciated. I am completely exhausted and the 2 weeks of vacation is nowhere near enough to make up for it.

4. The so-called subject matter experts here don't really know what they are doing. Seeking their advice usually leads to unnecessary roadblocks in projects you are assigned. I have actually found more and better advice by going to internet discussion boards for my technical questions.

Because of the above, after three years of working here, I am looking for other opportunities and will probably move back to Houston when my apartment lease is up in the spring.

You don't hear this from your staff because they don't want to be fired but the majority of people working here are tired and waiting/looking for other opportunities. You really need to improve work-life balance here or you will see many others leave.

There are newer employer reviews for NextEra Energy, Inc.