NextEra Energy
www.nexteraenergy.com Juno Beach, FL 5000+ Employees

A great place to learn, then move on

Trading Risk Analyst (Current Employee)
Juno Beach, FL

I have been working at NextEra Energy

ProsGreat opportunity for career mobility. They usually look within before hiring from the outside. There are a lot of great people working with you. They have an on-site cafeteria and gym. Work/life balance is pretty good. You have the ability to leave if you have something to go do during the day.

ConsManagement picks are usually those that make great leads in their departments, but not great managers. The great minds seemed to be ignored by the pride of management. There is no paid overtime or time compensation for overtime, which I guess is usual. You are expected to work overtime and management says you will be rewarded with your bonus, which is not true on the most part.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink about the whole picture. Managers tend to focus on their specific department rather than all the managers working together towards one corporate goal.

Nice place to work and live; that is, if you can afford it.

Environmental Specialist (Current Employee)
Juno Beach, FL

I have been working at NextEra Energy

Pros: Living in sunny South Florida. Cons: Compensation does not meet the market. Advice to Senior Management: Reward those that get the job done. More

Great potential but a little too conservative

I have been working at NextEra Energy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The company is growing and positioned well for the green economy. Good health care plans as… Cons: Can be frustrating getting things done as many groups are a little too laid back. It… Advice to Senior Management: The business has grown beyond its roots as a regulated electric utility… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on NextEra Energy.

Worked for NextEra Energy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NextEra Energy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NextEra Energy CEO Lew Hay III. All reviews posted anonymously by NextEra Energy employees.