Nextag

Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Nextag

Are you kidding me?

I have been working at Nextag

Pros

The coffee machine and free chips.
Nice office and furniture.
Monthly free lunches.
Some smart and cool people to work with.

Cons

Nextag used to be a place where everyone worked hard for a common goal. Now it is very political. You must be considered a fun and happy person to get anywhere. Hard work no longer matters. Senior managers make uninformed decisions about employees without even knowing what they do. Employees are not appreciated, or the wrong ones are.

A lot of knowledge has left the company with so many employees leaving. You should rethink about who you will force out. Senior managers should get to know their team themselves and not base it on what they hear from others.

98 Other Employee Reviews for Nextag (View Most Recent)

Only work here if you are going for a high position...otherwise beware!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Nextag

Pros

The pros were free food and some amazing co-workers that I will definitely keep in touch with and I did learn some very useful technology. Everything else basically sucked and at this point there are 2-3 people leaving on a weekly basis .

Cons

Nextag in itself has a lot of potential as a company, but seems that it is not going on the right path. The management is absolutely rude, ridiculous and the politics are insane here. If the manager doesn’t like you… they will make your life a living hell and there will be nothing you can do about it other than look elsewhere for a job. The words “hostile work environment” and “drama” come to mind (but this was only in my department and I can’t speak for the others). Sure you can talk to HR, which I did and it made things better for a while, but in the end it seemed like a dead end job. Nextag IS trying to change and be a more friendly and fun place to work so maybe down the line things will improve.

The manager of my department treated us like remedial children with constant check ins and micromanaging. You will not get any recognition at Nextag no matter how hard you work and a promotion will not happen for 2-3 years (unless you are in a high position then you wouldn’t care anyway). This year nobody even got a raise (the raise is usually a miniscule percentage anyway) and if you work hard and get a good review you will be honored with the TINIEST bonus I have ever seen in my life…it’s a complete joke.

Please treat your employees like human being with kindness and respect and stop the politics going on around the office!!!

From metrics driven to politically driven

I have been working at Nextag

Pros

New office
    Free food (mostly healthy) and fresh fruit
    good location
    some nice people still left
    good mid peninsula location

Cons

Almost everything.

Culture of fear permeates and good people are leaving faster than new people can be hired. There was no money for raises, but plenty for a dividend. Now since so many people have left suddenly there is money for some small raises.

Wake up and smell the coffee (its free). Maybe Jeff should try the company coffee? Try hiring talent outside of Leapfrog and Orbitz. And just because someone was good at one of these companies doesn't mean that they will be good at a completely different job requiring a different skill set and education.

Stop restructuring and then wondering why things aren't moving fast enough. Try making money instead of just spending it. You are killing the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Nextag