Nextag
www.nextag.com San Mateo, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Are you kidding me?

I have been working at Nextag

ProsThe coffee machine and free chips.
Nice office and furniture.
Monthly free lunches.
Some smart and cool people to work with.

ConsNextag used to be a place where everyone worked hard for a common goal. Now it is very political. You must be considered a fun and happy person to get anywhere. Hard work no longer matters. Senior managers make uninformed decisions about employees without even knowing what they do. Employees are not appreciated, or the wrong ones are.

Advice to Senior ManagementA lot of knowledge has left the company with so many employees leaving. You should rethink about who you will force out. Senior managers should get to know their team themselves and not base it on what they hear from others.

Only work here if you are going for a high position...otherwise beware!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Nextag

Pros: The pros were free food and some amazing co-workers that I will definitely keep in touch with and I did learn… Cons: Nextag in itself has a lot of potential as a company, but seems that it is not going on the right path. The management is… Advice to Senior Management: Please treat your employees like human being with kindness and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

From metrics driven to politically driven

I have been working at Nextag

Pros: New office Free food (mostly healthy) and fresh fruit good location some nice… Cons: Almost everything. Culture of fear permeates and good people are leaving faster than new people can be hired. There was no money… Advice to Senior Management: Wake up and smell the coffee (its free). Maybe Jeff should try the company coffee? Try hiring talent outside of Leapfrog and Orbitz. And… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Nextag.

Worked for Nextag? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nextag reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Nextag CEO Jeffrey G. Katz. All reviews posted anonymously by Nextag employees.