Dissatisfied

Former Employee - Accountant Temp in San Mateo, CA
Former Employee - Accountant Temp in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Nextag

Pros

New work place, Gym, cafeteria, location

Cons

Ex Orbitz and Leapfrog employees taking Management roles
 Headstrong managers
Although management asks for review/suggestions, they are not ready to accept them and correct their mistakes
Boot licking is accepted

Advice to Management

Open your eyes and see what the new hired managers are doing.

reviews filtered by

Are you kidding me?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Nextag

Pros

The coffee machine and free chips.
    Nice office and furniture.
    Monthly free lunches.
    Some smart and cool people to work with.

Cons

Nextag used to be a place where everyone worked hard for a common goal. Now it is very political. You must be considered a fun and happy person to get anywhere. Hard work no longer matters. Senior managers make uninformed decisions about employees without even knowing what they do. Employees are not appreciated, or the wrong ones are.

Advice to Management

A lot of knowledge has left the company with so many employees leaving. You should rethink about who you will force out. Senior managers should get to know their team themselves and not base it on what they hear from others.

Only work here if you are going for a high position...otherwise beware!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Nextag

Pros

The pros were free food and some amazing co-workers that I will definitely keep in touch with and I did learn some very useful technology. Everything else basically sucked and at this point there are 2-3 people leaving on a weekly basis .

Cons

Nextag in itself has a lot of potential as a company, but seems that it is not going on the right path. The management is absolutely rude, ridiculous and the politics are insane here. If the manager doesn’t like you… they will make your life a living hell and there will be nothing you can do about it other than look elsewhere for a job. The words “hostile work environment” and “drama” come to mind (but this was only in my department and I can’t speak for the others). Sure you can talk to HR, which I did and it made things better for a while, but in the end it seemed like a dead end job. Nextag IS trying to change and be a more friendly and fun place to work so maybe down the line things will improve.

The manager of my department treated us like remedial children with constant check ins and micromanaging. You will not get any recognition at Nextag no matter how hard you work and a promotion will not happen for 2-3 years (unless you are in a high position then you wouldn’t care anyway). This year nobody even got a raise (the raise is usually a miniscule percentage anyway) and if you work hard and get a good review you will be honored with the TINIEST bonus I have ever seen in my life…it’s a complete joke.

Advice to Management

Please treat your employees like human being with kindness and respect and stop the politics going on around the office!!!