There are newer employer reviews for Nexus IS

Very supportive, open, hard working, fun loving culture

Current Employee - Director in Valencia, CA
Current Employee - Director in Valencia, CA

I have been working at Nexus IS full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The best thing about Nexus is the amount of support the leadership team shows their associates. I have never worked anywhere before where I have worked so hard and have then been so appreciated. The focus of the leadership team is always on the associates and doing what they can to make the associates as productive and as skilled as possible. The culture allows for you to work hard but play harder and the leadership team is the first to roll up their sleeves and jump in when required. At Nexus they say it is all about their people. This isn't just another tag line, it is a foundation belief that is lived every single day.

Cons

None to report at this time. For every negative item I could write down, there are at least 5 positive items I could write down to counteract the negative.

Advice to Management

Continue to stay focused on the success of the associate. No matter how big you grow or how much revenue you chase, always keep in mind that your people make the difference. This is something you believe in and practice today, never lose sight of this culture.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Relaxed and supportive work environment

Current Employee - Consulting Engineer in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Consulting Engineer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Nexus IS full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Culture, Flexible work schedule, Flexible work location, Good work/life balance, Great engineers, and fun loving people

Cons

Upward career path not defined well...Processes not defined well....

Advice to Management

NA

Great engineering, very poor leadership, management and execution. Disappointing.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at Nexus IS

Pros

Excellent engineering talent. All around, some very intelligent folks work there across all departments. Strong partnership with Cisco Systems and potentially others.

Cons

Absolutely no real leadership within company from upper management. Recent promotions update titles and don't add talent. Culture of "no responsibility", finger-pointing and poor communication. Company's own perception of itself has gotten so big that only thing consistent is the arrogance, convoluted paths of communication and approval and the "it has to go thru that process" and "that's not my department" response. Internal systems disjointed and not easily accessed. Left hand doesn't know what right hand is doing.

Advice to Management

The arrogance--lose it. Walk the walk as you talk the talk. You can't espouse culture, you have to create it from within. It starts at top and extends beyond numbers.