Nice-Pak

There are newer employer reviews for Nice-Pak

Sr. Director Supply Chain

Current Employee - Director in Orangeburg, NY
Current Employee - Director in Orangeburg, NY

I have been working at Nice-Pak full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits and pay
Very Hands on

Cons

Out dated system can't trust senior management
Very soft senior management team
Family owend

Senior management needs to held account for major mistakes not lower levels

43 Other Employee Reviews for Nice-Pak (View Most Recent)

I have been with the Company for 10 years; the growth and opportunities are there if you apply yourself and adapt.

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Plainfield, IN
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Plainfield, IN

I have been working at Nice-Pak full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

We do not lay people off, even in the trying economic times we have been faced with, the company does not downsize and promotes from within. I have seen great strides in all facets of the upper management teams in the past year. The company is looking at things now from a sustainable and constant improvement slate. I have read many negative reviews on this site about the company from current and former associates. The pace and current direction of the company is not for individuals who think a paycheck comes with merely clocking-in, or just reporting for duty. Raising the bar through continuous improvement, sustainability, and broader skill-sets are a few of the current cultures we embrace @ NicePak. I have working relationships with many of the upper management members, know the owners, and have been blessed with the years of my employment there based on the fact that a job like this is not for everyone, but it is a great job to have if you have the same vision the owner shares with his company through the mission statement in which the company was founded. The turn-over rates seem to echo the fact that generational gaps have a difficult time in defining what forging a promising career entails. Aspirations of growth and advancement are there if you so choose to take-on the ever-present challenges of taking pride in the mission of the company. The rate of pay for my position has enabled me over the last decade to comfortably take care of my family, which is why we all work each day, and has enabled me through my personal work ethic to prosper and advance in this great establishment. Not everyone is built for this type of work, but the reason Nicepak is the global leader in wet wipes is no accident. It is because of the integrity of the ownership that passes down to the directors, managers, supervisors, team leaders, and associates that makes this company a wonderful place to call your job. I will retire in about 20 years as long as I continue to grow with the company and the company gives back; just as it has consistently done in my 10 years here thus far.

Cons

There are some sacred cows in the establishment that are not embracing the continuous improvement views, and sustainability objectives. These are the same group(s) that think that the way the business was once conducted is the "best practice" for today's business world. Some of these individuals are no longer with the company.

The only other issue that I have seen that hinders culture change and over-all cohesiveness in the company is the fact that communication does at times become a hindrance, even in the way we structure and reply to email. Larger limits on email folders would be a plus.

I am a member of management, NicePak Indiana, and feel that my views of the company above are self explanatory. Growth of the company in it's current managerial level is evident and is best suited maintaining the current course.

Run, don't walk away from here.

I worked at Nice-Pak

Pros

I actually can't think of anything positive, except that I met some nice people there. Kind like "aside from that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?"

Cons

Too many to really enumerate. Starting at the top, Julius is way too meddlesome- I have see him interrupt project meetings to upbraid a person in front of the meeting, regarding a totally unrelated matter. In other words, nobody's time there has value- except his. Any hair-brained scheme he has automatically becomes a top-priority project. In fact that is the primary means of assigning priorities- get in Julius' ear and then drop his name everywhere like pigeon poop. Other than that, the voice that yells the loudest rules. Talented people get in, figure out what's up, and leave ASAP. The turn over rate in RandD alone would be ruinous if NP actually tried to make use of their RandD to innovate. Instead they use it as a specification-generating sweat shop. They force panicky, unrealistic cost-reduction goals on middle management (after years of neglecting costs/profits) then punish/fire them if they fail to deliver. Cutting costs at the expense of product quality is the norm now. Really sad, frustrating place to work.

Robert Julius needs to get out of the business, and the upper-echelon lackeys need to go. Get new professional management and a Board of Directors that has the cajones to govern this company.

There are newer employer reviews for Nice-Pak