Niche Media

www.nichemediallc.com

Great place to work, but can use some improvement.

ProsMid-sized Publisher where you can make a big difference if you are confident, can put up with office politics/imperfect internal systems, and do what is asked of you (and then some). You'll meet some great people here, and the current corporate leadership are great, wonderful, approachable people. Lots of events and parties, if you're into that sort of thing. Nice place to work, regardless of where you are in your career. Editorial quality has improved massively over the past few years.

ConsNowhere is perfect. You're a worker bee, so be expected to conform and color within the lines. Not a huge amount of creativity welcome as a result. Some serious dead weight that the executives seem to refuse to address. Health Insurance is for those that are healthy - the deductible is out-of-control, although the company does try to help as much as it can with a large HSA contribution.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop settling for mediocre senior management. Innovate more and invest further in your online and web development. Would be great to see executive leadership interacting with the office more (walking around, being visible, asking how things are going, etc.) Get a better Health Insurance program.

Good stepping stone

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Niche Media as an intern for less than a year

Pros: - Nice staff - Good connections Cons: - Typical "intern tasks" - Favoritism among some of top management Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Interned there and worked like a crazy person

Photo Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

I worked at Niche Media as an intern for less than a year

Pros: *great parties if you can get on the list *most of the editors were nice though not a lot of mentorship.… Cons: *I did the work of 2 interns *worked illegally long hours Advice to Senior Management: please pay us a travel stipend at least... No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Niche Media.

Worked for Niche Media? Contribute to the Community!