Nickerson PR, Marketing and Events

www.nickersonpr.com
Engaged Employer
There are newer employer reviews for Nickerson PR, Marketing and Events

Great experience. Gave me the skills needed to succeed in my career.

Former Intern - Public Relations Associate in Newton, MA
Former Intern - Public Relations Associate in Newton, MA

I worked at Nickerson PR, Marketing and Events as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Nickerson is a great company to work for because they train and mentor their employees to be detail oriented, constantly challenge themselves and be the best they can be. They work off of your strengths and take a great interest in making every opportunity a learning experience. You will not only learn about PR but learn about the industry, how to write an email, how to interview, handle digital media, marketing, prepare for meetings, organize events..the list goes on! Nickerson gave me the skills I needed to succeed in my career.

Cons

The internship is usually unpaid.

Advice to Management

Continue to mentor and take an active interest in your prevous interns/employees. The company's willingness to help team members whether they work there anymore or not makes a huge impact.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Not a great company

Former Employee - Intern in Newton, MA
    Former Employee - Intern in Newton, MA

I worked at Nickerson PR, Marketing and Events

Pros

Got some hands on experience as an intern Learned about PR

Cons

Not a great atmosphere to be in, when I was there 2/3 interns quit because it was a big waste of time. Doesn't really get to know the interns in a small office of 3 employees, felt as though I was invisible a lot of the time. Unprofessional with the fact that the boss would talk down to employees in front of clients which was not called for. I almost felt bad for the people that worked there full time. The boss would show up for maybe half a day. I would not recommend anyone to do business here or work here.

Advice to Management

Give more feedback to employees, communication is key in the workplace and there was almost none here. Appreciate the employees instead of talking down to them. Get to know the people that work for you.

2. Rewarding and challenging experience which has taught me a great deal and helped me develop my professional identity.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Nickerson PR, Marketing and Events full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Getting to work with an amazing group of talented individuals who have a lot of industry experience -Exposure to great clients and companies in the Boston area -Experience working in a fully-integrated PR approach which includes Marketing, Social Media, Events, and Creative all in-house -Management encourages and sponsors outside memberships and other opportunities that will benefit your career -You will get what you give in this environment - internal promotion is very possible

Cons

-Long hours and high expectations from management - if you're lazy or want a low-commitment job don't apply here

Advice to Management

You rock- go Team Nickerson!