Nickerson PR, Marketing and Events

www.nickersonpr.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Nickerson PR, Marketing and Events

Great experience. Gave me the skills needed to succeed in my career.

Former Intern - Public Relations Associate in Newton, MA
Former Intern - Public Relations Associate in Newton, MA

I worked at Nickerson PR, Marketing and Events as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Nickerson is a great company to work for because they train and mentor their employees to be detail oriented, constantly challenge themselves and be the best they can be. They work off of your strengths and take a great interest in making every opportunity a learning experience. You will not only learn about PR but learn about the industry, how to write an email, how to interview, handle digital media, marketing, prepare for meetings, organize events..the list goes on! Nickerson gave me the skills I needed to succeed in my career.

Cons

The internship is usually unpaid.

Continue to mentor and take an active interest in your prevous interns/employees. The company's willingness to help team members whether they work there anymore or not makes a huge impact.

7 Other Employee Reviews for Nickerson PR, Marketing and Events (View Most Recent)

Not a great company

Former Employee - Intern in Newton, MA
    Former Employee - Intern in Newton, MA

I worked at Nickerson PR, Marketing and Events

Pros

Got some hands on experience as an intern
    Learned about PR

Cons

Not a great atmosphere to be in, when I was there 2/3 interns quit because it was a big waste of time. Doesn't really get to know the interns in a small office of 3 employees, felt as though I was invisible a lot of the time.

Unprofessional with the fact that the boss would talk down to employees in front of clients which was not called for. I almost felt bad for the people that worked there full time. The boss would show up for maybe half a day.

I would not recommend anyone to do business here or work here.

Give more feedback to employees, communication is key in the workplace and there was almost none here.
    Appreciate the employees instead of talking down to them.
    Get to know the people that work for you.

Hands-on, real-world experience in a fast-paced environment to best prepare me for a future in PR.

Former Intern - Public Relations Associate in Waltham, MA
    Former Intern - Public Relations Associate in Waltham, MA

I worked at Nickerson PR, Marketing and Events as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Principal is highly invested in the success of her employees and company; Gain real-world experience with challenging tasks and projects; Experienced co-workers are very willing to take time to teach aspects of the job that were difficult to grasp; Treated as a full-time employee which enables personal and professional growth; Small company allows for more hands-on experience; Company culture is optimal for creating relationships and enjoying typical job tasks; Opportunity to attend industry events and meetings to get a feel for "the real world."

Cons

Internship is usually unpaid; Sometimes a high-stress work environment.

Continue to give interns hands-on experience; assist interns in creating a portfolio for future success; add more structure to internship program

There are newer employer reviews for Nickerson PR, Marketing and Events