Nicor

nicorgas.aglr.com

Good Company

Former Employee - Field Operations Construction
Former Employee - Field Operations Construction

Pros

Stable work and friendly co-workers

Cons

Hard to move up the ladder, or time consuming

Other reviews for Nicor

Secretary who was never given the opportunity to be more...

Former Employee - Secretary  in  Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Secretary in Naperville, IL

Pros

Nicor has great benefits and really preached work/life balance and for the most part they practice what they preach.

Cons

There were no educational opportunities (I was told that for the company to pay for any additional education I would need to get put into a job that required it before they would pay, but if it was a job requirement I would never even be considered for that job so that makes absolutely no sense).

Educate employees! This will show your loyalty to employees and in turn give you higher performing employees. There were many employees with great potential that I saw the company turn their back on because one person was ultimately making this decision. This person is no longer at the company and I hope management has changed their way of determining who is eligible for educational assistance.

Nicor was a stable, mature organization that believed in teamwork and giving back to the community.

Former Employee - Senior Network Engineer  in  Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Naperville, IL

Pros

Nicor offered stable jobs, had good technology, and offered a good work/life balance. Teamwork and sharing were valued in the IT department. Overall, a good place to work.

Cons

The pace for change could move quite slowly at times. I believe the pay was competitive but average. Due to it's maturity level (high), there were some processes and procedures that were quite bureaucratic.

There are newer employer reviews for Nicor.

Worked for Nicor? Contribute to the Community!