Nielsen

There are newer employer reviews for Nielsen

Nielsen Company Review

Current Employee - Client Service Manager in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Client Service Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Nielsen full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great experience, knowledge and respect within CPG industry. Promotes training, client solutions, and advanced analytics. Global leader in market research. Good health, bonus and vacation benefits.

Cons

Not friendly to over 40 aged employees.

Look for leadership within the industry as opposed to outside.

1388 Other Employee Reviews for Nielsen (View Most Recent)

Lots of resources, but can be very bureaucratic.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Nielsen full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Extensive resources available, operates in many countries, many career opportunities if you have a good manager. Also, this is a very exciting category to work in.

Cons

Confusing organizational structure, poor communication between divisions, management is very top heavy. Also, depending on your manager, your career development may be limited despite the company's extensive resources.

Stop promoting managers that do not know how to develop their employees.

Horrible employee treatment, no payraises, no work/life balance or job security

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oldsmar, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oldsmar, FL

I worked at Nielsen full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

1. Telecommute allowed
    2. Employee bonuses (at the time I left anyway)
    3. I don't work there anymore

Cons

Ok, let me make it as brief as I can:

1. Outsourcing galore. You WILL lose your job sooner or later. Nearly everyone I ever worked with at Nielsen has either been laid off or has left the company of their own accord.

2. At the time I left the company, pay raises were not being given, even though the company fully admitted they were doing better financially than most other companies.

3. No work life balance. Management will tell you there are 7 business days per week, and this includes nights, weekends, holidays AND VACATION. Most people find themselves working 7 days a week trying to meet the unrealistic deadlines promised to customers. Guess what? The delivery date is not met, and is pushed back. So all of that hard work was for nothing. Rinse & Repeat for the next big project, and the next one, and the next one. One person is asked to do the workload of 2 or 3, which also means that you are so deeply entrenched in your role that there is no opportunity to do anything new. In other words, lack of career opportunities, unless you want to be a "lead" which basically means at Nielsen that you are doing the work of a manager, but without the title and pay of an actual manager. The Indian contractors do the hands-on work, and the American workers who are left are being forced into the "lead" roles.

4. Employee morale is horribly low. Expect to get yelled at by certain managers on a regular basis.

5. Lousy pay. I left my "Senior" level position at Nielsen for a Junior level position (to work with much more marketable technologies) at a different company and did not even take a pay cut. What's that tell you?

Try treating your employees like human beings.

There are newer employer reviews for Nielsen