There are newer employer reviews for Nielsen

Great company to build a resume or grow a career

Current Employee - Associate Client Manager in New York, NY
Current Employee - Associate Client Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Nielsen full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone knows of Nielsen, so working for The Nielsen Company is great to include on a resume. Also, in such a large and diverse company there are a lot of opportunities to grow a career here, especially if you are able and willing to move for opportunities.

Cons

The benefits here are pretty bad. Medical insurance is bare bones and the vacation time is as lean as they can legally get away with... on the upside, a lot of positions allow the opportunity to work from home, especially after you have been here a while.

Advice to Management

If you want to attract and retain the top talant you must compensate them with similar packages to other top employers. I know many people who have left Nielsen because the pay/benefits were better and they are highly employable.

Other Employee Reviews for Nielsen

Amazing people, great work place, but not the best pay

Former Employee - Associate Client Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Associate Client Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Nielsen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone there was extremely friendly and courteous. We had access to tons of market research data from various other departments and endless learning tools, both online and classroom types. Most managers were great and easy to work with, plus the "Nielsen" name carries tremendous weight in the market research world and is an exceptional resume builder.

Cons

Time to time, the hours you've to put in were rough, and were not justified by the salary. Also, Nielsen paid next to nothing to help with further education (eg. mba). Finally, a lot of entry level & junior associates were asked to share desks (though large), but we literally got no privacy.

Advice to Management

n/a

I want to love it....

Current Employee - Analyst in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Analyst in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Nielsen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are amazing. They are so smart, really fun, and great to be around. The work is really interesting, never dull, really challenging, but in a wonderful way. Very flexible in working from home. Lots of opportunities... IF you get lucky with your management.

Cons

Terrible work life balance... Long hours and no recognition. Sometimes feels like you get punished for being good at your job (ie. get more work, have to help other people), while people who are struggling get it really easy (ie. shorter hours, lighter workload). I want to love my job, and I think I could, but every day I see tremendously intelligent people getting screwed over in terms of management, raises, bonuses, recognition, workload... etc.

Advice to Management

Morale is very low. You have some of the smartest people around, try and make them happy. They really don't want to go, you're kind of just giving them no other choice.